Armor, and how it work1s

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by GreyICE, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Arqane

Arqane Member

Half hijacking the thread, but since it has to do with damage calculations and armor, I figure it's relevant enough. Crit damage... why, oh why, does crit damage only add :melee_power:? That by itself isn't horrible, but why make daggers/rogues such a crit-based class, and have (-:melee_power:) added to the crit ability and not build it very quickly from rogue levels?

I posted it here as well, since it seems like all mundane types and piercing should probably be used during a crit, at least in some form. Though speaking of, since I don't play mages much... does anyone know the calculation for extra haywire damage, and whether that applies to piercing currently (since it's an exotic type)?

2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

That is because daggers are supposed to gain damage from multiple attacks instead. The "crit-based" weapons are axes.

3. Nikolai

Nikolai Member

Remember, for DoD, crit is only half extra damage. Crit is also enhanced accuracy, as crit allows you to override blocks and such. Thus, you'll hit more often.

I do agree that's unnecessarily weird, but it's already a long-standing, innate part of the game. Changing it would probably result in more ramifications than it's worth it, I'm afraid.

Kazeto likes this.