Are we getting another expansion (community driven or otherwise) anytime soon?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by AllurlewtsRbelongtome, Apr 8, 2013.

?

Your thoughts on the next DoD expansion, if there is one.

1. Will get it it's free

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Don't care much for additional official content, mods are enough for me

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. Will pay for new content

28 vote(s)
    90.3%
  4. Don't care much for DoD anymore, waiting for CE

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. What it says on the box.

Looked around for a bit, can't seem to find anything conclusive. Just saying i'd pay for an expansion of DoD. Dunno about everyone else - hey, let's make it a poll!!!

2. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

I'd like another "You Have To Name The Expansion Pack", tho..

3. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

I would gladly pay for any additional content :)

4. Crouchy

Crouchy Member

Same. I'm quite a new player but love the game and have already put in 50+ hours in the last few weeks.

I love the game and would definitely pay for new content. No problem with that.

I hope that the game stays 'alive' with new content coming in the future. I think it's awesome and I can see myself playing for a long time to come.

5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Gaslamp is currently very busy at work on Clockwork Empires, and you can see the pace at which they get the time to work on a pure bugfixing patch for Dredmor, so in short: not in the near future.

6. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

I know Essence and FaxCelestis have been working on 'something big', though.

You guys feel like giving us an update?

7. mining

mining Member

The shoe is on the other foot now, ESSENCE.

[also, squeeee]

8. This makes me happy in my pants :D

SkyMuffin likes this.
  9. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

[​IMG]

SkyMuffin, Turbo164 and mining like this.
  10. Wootah

Wootah Member

Oh wow.
    It would be so cool if Fax and Essence made an expansion... I would totally buy it off of steam as a full expansion no questions asked!

SkyMuffin likes this.
  11. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Additional official expansions would be good by themselves and would also enable a wider range of unofficial mods, so I'm in favor of it.

12. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Yeah, I'm actually working on moving so I've been super ultra busy lately trying to find a house to buy, so I haven't had oodles of time to work on it. I got FaxPax pretty thoroughly tested and functional, and I conscripted Bergstrom to help on the other thing too (Some of Fax' initial room code was...let's say long), but it'll probably be a month or so before I get a house settled on.

That said, yes, the Vaults of Maslech are coming along nicely and once I have some spare time, I'll tell fax to put it out there. :D

13. sam12six

sam12six Member

I'd happily pay for new content if it matched the quality of previous expansions at a similar cost, but I'm not sitting here with crossed fingers hoping for it to happen.

Now, the idea that someone would release a patch that allows me to play one of my favorite games for more than a couple of hours without a crash that may or may not kill my save - that's got me salivating and I would pay 5 times as much for it as I did for the actual game.

14. Daynab

Subscribe to the DoD beta on Steam (from the game's properties in your library). It shouldn't crash with it and if it does, please let us know.

sam12six likes this.
  15. sam12six

sam12six Member

Is this something that only works when starting through the steam interface? I ask because I play the game from a shortcut straight to it and never run the steam interface.

16. Daynab

Only once. Once you subscribe it would patch the game up to the beta version, IIRC.

17. sam12six

sam12six Member

Awesome!! After some testing, I had already resigned myself to the idea that it's well worth putting up with having steam running to get the benefits of the beta. BTW - should we ever meet in person, you may want to avoid letting me know who you are because I'll be strongly tempted to grab you and kiss you on the mouth for bringing the beta to my attention. You've been warned...

I tested by starting and playing 2 characters to DL4. No crashes - not even hiccups (those extra long pauses when I leave the pocket dimension or drop a squid bolt into a zoo and I'm mentally chanting, "Please be autosaving. Please be autosaving..."). Before, it was unheard of for me to get 3 floors cleared in a single sitting without a crash.

My favorite early flavor item (the little red cookbook) works consistently now. Since I pretty much never have Big Game Hunter in my builds unless I'm doing a random, this is the only way I get to knock meat off opponents. It makes me giggle like a 12 year old girl to imagine the looks of surprise on the faces of my foes as my archer kicks them and assorted steaks and other chunks of flesh go flying off their bodies. Add in the transmutative tome and I'm giggling like a 12 year old girl up past her bedtime at a slumber party as piles of gold also start dropping from my enemies.

I can honestly say my life has never been so improved by a single mouse click. Thanks

Daynab likes this.
  18. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Alas, poor Daynab, I knew him well...

Daynab and mining like this.
  19. You know that reminds of that one game of league of legends where I made the Yorrick on the other team ragequit. I really couldn't help myself when I saw the "has left the game" message.
    Ahum to get things back on track - i'm impressed by how much attention the poll is getting - (Translation: make an expansion already, don't you guys like money?)

20. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I've still not voted, too!

But, like me and others keep saying across this forum, Gaslamp just do not have the time nor the resources to do that right at this minute. Clockwork Empires has already been "put back", and they're in a critical phase with it right now. Pretty much everything they're doing right now is for CE. Even the Beta patch for Dredmor has been so for, well, months because they just cannot divert any real level of attention to it right now.