Archers!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by icantsave, Sep 23, 2011.

1. icantsave

icantsave Member

I was thinking of a way to really make dying more 'fun' in the game, and realized something. There are crossbows and arrows all over the place, but not a single monster archer? There are monsters that can corrupt, steal, blind you, use various spells, and some can even go 'invisible'. But surely one of them would think to pick up a crossbow and shoot you with it, right? They'd probably also like stuffing you in the lutefisk cube, but that is a little less likely...

With archers around, you'd have to think more about being able to block, or have shields, be sneaky or invisible, or have spells to hit them from far away before they can tear you up. And in the later levels, what if they had acid bolts, clockwork bolts, or even bolts of mass destruction that they fired at you! I'd like to see someone say the game isn't as much fun on later levels when they are trying to dodge firepower that can even destroy the walls.

Another perk to this is that if your block was high enough, you'd have a chance to recover the arrows, and add to your collection. Or the archery skill line or burglar could have a skill to snatch the arrows out of the air before they hit you (with a chance to fail, of course).

2. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

:eek:

The Horadric Lutefisk Cube as a weapon. Imagine the possibilities!

Okay, there's really only one possibility. Turning critters into little snot-blocks.

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I agree, some archer mobs would make a nice variety instead of only melee and OHGOD ARTIC VORTEX