Any way to split stacked items?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by lithicbee, Jul 14, 2011.

1. lithicbee

lithicbee Member

I only want to sell or drop some of the items I have in a stack (for instance, of 3 ingot presses, I would like to sell 2). Is there some way to divide them?

2. tintagel

tintagel Member

I too would like to know.

3. Rikkard

Rikkard Member

Don't think there is a way, unless you manually place stuff in the inventory and avoid hitting Sort.

4. afterstar

afterstar Member

Yes there is currently one way to seperate stacks.
    First you need to have a toolbox type that has more than 1 spot.
    I refer to "Toolbox" as the things that you add materials in and create items with recipies.
    An anvil is a toolbox with 4 spots,which makes seperating easy.

Open your toolbox.
    Select the stacked item you want form your inventory and click to put it into one of the spots inside the tool spots.
    It will automatically only add ONE.You can do this on more spots to seperate it even further.
    Put the stacked item you are holding back into the inventory,
    then select the items that are in the toolbox spots and manually add them to your inventory into seperated boxes.
    Do not click SORT.
    Does not work for Horadric Cube and the toolboxes(Anvil,dispenser,etc) themselves.

Voila.

5. Misery

Misery Member

Whoa. That's awesome, I hadnt known this was doable.

Thanks for posting that info.

Stuff like not being able to sell extra anvils to Brax simply because I hit the sort button without thinking is a little frustrating.

6. Abominog

Abominog Member

I still haven't found a way to separate kits or the "Lutefisk Horadric Cube" if they are in a stack.

7. lithicbee

lithicbee Member

Great idea, afterstar!