Any one else keep F5ing on the Blog page?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Lordxorn, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Lordxorn

Lordxorn Member

Yeah I keep refreshing hoping for an update of the latest set back, or good news.

2. Blackop2

Blackop2 Member

Im checking every few hours. I cant wait.

3. TopHatCat

TopHatCat Member

Guilty... Yes every couple of hours I refresh my tabs to see whats going on in the world and DoD is certainly one of them.

4. Scrav

Scrav Member

Many times a day, every day, including weekends when I'm almost sure there couldn't be a release update. I'm really in the mood for a modern day roguelike with a slick interface.

5. Greg72

Greg72 Member

me too, only one I know of is dcss, no word makes me paranoid its going to be several months at least

6. Lordxorn

Lordxorn Member

@Scrav

LOL Hilarious Me too! I almost get mad that the devs aren't working weekends just to get us their game, or update their blogs. Then early Monday morning, I am not even willing to give them a chance to get into the office and boot up their comps.

7. Master Glink

Master Glink Member

I too am guilty of doing this, I keep hoping that if not for the release, at least some kind of info would be posted... I don't dare close the tab, then I know I won't remember about the game and won't get it at Launch... Which is hopefully soon.

8. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

I'm glad to hear you're all so excited about Dredmor! And I apologize for how frustrating this has been. I do know something of how you feel: I know I keep checking my email to see when we can finally make some kind of announcement. But hm, in the meantime I'd recommend using the RSS feed button, following the twitter account, or following the mailing list - we'll announce Big News on there when the time comes.

As for us, I'm finding freelance work to pay the rent and Nicholas is finishing that thesis he's been meaning to finish. Dredmor really is all ready to go; there's very little for us to do, we're just waiting for some setup and the launch window set by distribution. (Which deserves an announcement soon I think, cough ahem.)

Keep strong! I appreciate you guys sticking to this; the game will be worth it (and a little more, as we do free content updates!).

Exile likes this.
  9. Lordxorn

Lordxorn Member

Thanks for your update David! Always appreciated, and any new successful indie is inspiring, wishing you the best of luck!

10. Master Glink

Master Glink Member

It's good to hear that at least the game as finished as it can be, and you're just waiting for the the distributor. I just hope it comes in the order of few days and not a few weeks... One of the few games that has been able to hold my attention even though I've only seen videos of it.

By the way, what is the Twitter account and how do I join the Mailing List? I couldn't find links anywhere on website...

11. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Thanks Glink!

Annnd .. the Gaslamp twitter feed is here: http://twitter.com/GaslampGames ; the mailing list can be found here: http://dungeonsofdredmor.com/

Exile likes this.
  12. Alex

Alex Member

I just wanted to check in and say that I'm also eagerly awaiting the game. I'll purchase it as soon as it comes out.

*Edit*

Just one more thought, promote your game on Reddit. There's only one submitted link on Dredmore, and it was about a month ago. Cross-post to r/gaming and r/IndieGaming. For the price you're charging, you should get a lot of interest.

13. Lordxorn

Lordxorn Member

Don't know if they want to crash their servers like on Project Zomboid. lol