Any Interest in a Megaman Battle Network Mod?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Askara, May 14, 2012.

1. Askara

Askara Member

I loved playing MMBN 3 and 6 and it just occurred to me that Dredmor would be suitable to get a MMBN because it is grid-based and doesn't seem too overly complicated.

This probably won't get too far but I want a project to learn how to mod so this might be fun. A lot of this would probably only necessitate skinning a lot of MMBN images. It would also probably involve using a lot of other mods that created themes that would be reskinned into MMBN themes.

I'm thinking that there are:
    Buster Style Chips. Capstone: Hyper Burst
    Sword Style Chips. Capstone: Life Sword
    Cannon Style Chips. Capstone: Zeta Cannon
    Barrier Style Chips. Capstone: 500 Barrier
    Master Style Chips (This would be a very complicated style sorta like how archmage is difficult to use. might be too difficult to implement) Capstone: Master Style
    Heal Style Chips. Capstone: Big Heart
    Enviro Style Chips. Capstone: Sanctuary (yeah, this isn't a PA but I couldn't think of any that would fit)
    Revenge Style Chips. Capstone: Body Guard
    Punch Style Chips. Capstone: Zeta Punch

Elements: Null, Heat, Aqua, Elec, Wood
    These elements would correspond to elements of Dredmor

I think by taking a combination of different style chips and elements, you can closely approximate the style changes: Guts, Custom, Shield, Team, Shadow, Ground

If it were possible, also reskinning Dredmor to look like ACDC 1-3and whatnot. And perhaps changing quests to be Message Board help requests.

The end goal would be entering the Darknet and defeating BassGS or something.

Sword Style
    All skills add 1 crit, 1 melee power, 1 block and 1 counter
    Sword: DMG: 10 CD:3
    Wide Sword: DMG: 15 CD:5
    Long Sword: DMG: 15 CD:5
    Hero Sword: DMG: 20 CD:10
    Anti Sword: Buff adds 25 crit, 50 counter, last for 5 turns, CD: 20
    Life Sword: DMG: 30 CD:30

Attached Files:

BDSb, Werediggler and Daynab like this.
  2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Points for the most unexpected idea. I really loved the MMBN series so yeah, I'd definitely be interested in this.

That is a huge project though, I recommend starting out smaller or you'll get burned out. Try a couple skill lines with your ideas. I'm not sure reskinning Dredmor is possible (others would probably know) and the quest thing though.

3. Dray`Gon

Dray`Gon Member

I also liked the MMBN series particularly the last installment. Kinda not sure about the change they went with Starforce, but it's not as bad as I originally thought it might be.

Anyways, went slightly off topic. Just wanted to say, I'm interested, but I also agree with Daynab that this sounds like it'd be a little too big for one person, particularly someone just starting out in coding. I know I've tried implimenting grand ideas for stuff and ended up getting burned out and ultimately giving up on it. :/

4. Askara

Askara Member

Battle Network 3 Blue was one of my most favorite games for GBA. 6 was fun too but 4 and 5 were kinda meh.

I'm working on the Sword style chips right now. I figure I'll just go through the chip styles I listed.

5. Askara

Askara Member

Sword Style Chips are done. I have no clue as to the balance of the chips damage and their passive buffs so please help me choose some decent values. The values I have currently listed are just arbitrary.

edit: Now working on the buster chips. Should be fun, I'll have to play around with the spelldb to get them to work.

6. I would like to have my hands on yours mod, it sounds really interesting. Is the player going to need to craft the chips in order to transform them into weapons? Maybe you have to carry the chips and spent mana on them to transform them into weapons and useful stuff... after some turns, all the goods can turn into chips again, or just disappear.

7. Update: This mod is awesome, the perfect sidekick for each Warrior/Rogue. If you are planning a melee build you need to load this mod, it helps a lot with its different ways to attack.