Announcing Conquest of the Wizardlands Expansion!

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Daynab, Jun 19, 2012.

1. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Oh? You want me to nerf Promethean Magic? Sure thing.

2. AvzinElkein

AvzinElkein Member

The main issue is, what if you did max out all your skills because you wanted to kick lots of ass in the Wizardlands?

3. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Then you could spend a long, long time not killing Dredmor.

Your call. :)

4. Warlock

Warlock Member

[​IMG]
    What am I saying? First rule of Roguelikes: Never state that anything is broken. It just gets patched and you die horribly anyway.
    Ah well, time to try out other magic schools. (no offense intended)

@Essence: As far as I'm concerned, Dredmor can step into one of his own dragonbreath caltrop eruptors and get charred. Adventurers gonna adventure, and nobody said you had a time limit on clearing out the dungeon. Besides, if you survive, you get a fat bunch of Zorkmids for the pocket.

OmniNegro and Kazeto like this.
  5. Keep up the good work my mental gentleman.

6. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Member

Dagger and sneaking improvements? Please let there be a backstab/sneak attack mechanic. Rogues have been the underdog long enough!

7. jareddm

jareddm Member

Am I the only one who hopes for a reference to the Spathi from Star Control 2 and their young, the encrustlings?

OmniNegro likes this.
  8. Createx

Createx Member

Dang, and I thought I might get away from Dredmor at some point...
    Seems they don't really want me to.

9. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

Dear GLG, you can has all the moneys. Just give me all the Dredmors. Love, DD

10. RomanTheEvil

RomanTheEvil Member

So, this pretty darn quick is how long? One month-ish or one week-ish?
    I can't wait already =(

11. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

IDK if it's relevant, but it's about time for Steam to have it's big-ass Summer Sale. Be cool if the CtW expansion went on sale the day it was released... :)

12. magicbison

magicbison Member

Will Diggle Hell have diggle eggs? That's the main reason I incinerate diggles...for their eggs...and maybe...diggle death squeaks.

13. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

my brain exploded upon reading this post. too much awesome for one game to handle.

14. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

So you're saying that content from a mod (say traps from VoM or items from RR, etc) are never found in the Wizardlands? Or do you just mean like user created rooms and what not?

And...more importantly...will we be able to mod the Wizardrealms and/or the passwords at all?

EDIT: Also, based on Essence's description of Diggle Hell, that's the very first place I am going come release...

15. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Just rooms don't spawn in wizard dimensions. Other things should spawn just fine, unless I'm vastly mistaken.

16. DragonDai

DragonDai Member

Okay, that makes a lot of sense...But it does not make bacon. I make bacon...as in right now. YUM!

17. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Well, I do look forward to this amazing expansion.
    I may never beat Dredmor again, but still. :)

18. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I might be wrong but I don't really think he's being put harder, this a more "lateral" expansion than adding more content at the end.

19. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I think DavidB1111 is talking about compulsive level clearing making it impossible to even get to Dredmor, with how many potential levels there are now.

OmniNegro and DavidB1111 like this.
  20. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Yes. Exactly.

I didn't think he was going to get a buff again. :)

OmniNegro likes this.