Announcing Conquest of the Wizardlands Expansion!

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Daynab, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Kaoschan

Kaoschan Member

I'M THROWING MONEY AT MY SCREEN BUT IT DOES NOT WORK!

Werediggler, DavidB1111 and DragonDai like this.
  2. CaptRory

CaptRory Member

Eh~ It was all really exciting til I saw Communism is a skill set. Hope to see a Capitalist skill set too. =3

3. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

That would be Banksterism.

4. CaptRory

CaptRory Member

Awesome. Reagan Bushybrows is gonna compound some interest on a boot to the head. :D

DragonDai likes this.
  5. Loswaith

Loswaith Member

Woo, crusty items (that sounds bad out of context).

So all that is left to say is a rendition of the 'word of Fry'.

6. Fayd

Fayd Member

So, how "Soon" is "Soon" in vague terms? Are we talking Valve soon, Blizzard soon, layperson soon, or some other arcane variant that adds or subtracts subjective time from the already subjective word?

7. HowlingLotus

HowlingLotus Member

Everything sounds amazing and can't express how much I love this game and the people who work on it; Gaslamp and modders alike :).

My only question is how does the password system function for the most part?

8. Warlock

Warlock Member

Brofists all round for the devs. I've only bought this less than a week ago, DLCs and all, and we already have a new xpac coming out. Are there any new dungeon levels included? give more dungeon levels plz :p

Since we're having a new xpac, I'd just like to throw in a request for the devs to allow us to select an 8th skill line. Overleveling yourself is no fun without any skills to level it up in. :oops:

9. Musaab

Musaab Member

Bug fixes? bug fixes? bug....? fixes?

10. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Pocket Dimensions and Communism? You crazy people gave me encrusted pants! (Don't ask. I was laughing very hard.)

Karock and Warlock like this.
  11. CaptRory

CaptRory Member

Haha! I've been thinking along those exact lines. Like, if you max everything else out, seven random skills appear and you get to pick one to continue to level in. But no more than that. Something you can't plan on, but out of seven skills you should be able to find something useful.

12. Warlock

Warlock Member

I totally agree with the seven skills bit. SOMETHING in those should come in handy........ right?

IT'S A TRAP!

13. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

There aren't more dungeon floors so you shouldn't overlevel that much more, wizard levels are optional side floors.

14. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

In another discussion someone there mentioned intentionally breaking save game compatibility in the next major release. (Nicholas if my memory serves me correctly.)

Will this expansion be that release? I do not really care myself. But people should know in advance if that is going to be the case.
    (Actually, I hope it happens sooner rather than later. The inclusion of mods into the save will be greatly beneficial for Steam users at the very least, and may make it easier to upgrade mods without breaking the save in question every time there is a new version.)

15. Cream Magneto

Cream Magneto Member

unless you pick archealogy+burglary+BGH+vegan its very hard to max out all your skills,but i wonder whats the exp farming potential of the new wizard rooms 0,0y-~~

16. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

It is actually only a matter of time and effort to max out every character you make. I for example cannot make myself go to level 15 until I have gained every skill in my build. I will run in circles around a deep area to farm XP. Monsters respawn forever.

17. jhffmn

jhffmn Member

Lol, I hope turnips are added to the game for communism. What's the point of being a member of the communist bourgeoisie if you can't point your pike at a diggle and force him to farm you turnips?

18. Warlock

Warlock Member

I'm a completionist, I want to explore everything, even if it means a chance of dying really horribly. Also, it would be nice to have at least something for those who try overleveling. Most of us like to grind if we can on Roguelikes just to minimize chances of horrible death, even if it means having to chance horrible death anyway.

19. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

I am interested to see how the WizardLands affect actual gameplay. It seems like -- in theory -- you might be able to escape death by blipping into your Pocket Dimension and then leaving from there into a WizardLand, where you could heal up and stuff.

In actuality, that's yet to happen (or at least get reported by the alpha testers), but in theory it might be viable, especially once someone out there discovered the right password to open up a level of nothing but Gnomes and Cloud Gremlins.

20. Warlock

Warlock Member

It stands to reason however though, how big are the levels? I'm hoping for something atleast 2/3 or 3/4 the size of the usual floor, and several dozen codes (ok two dozen and I'll be content anyway) which people will probably find in a week or two, which means more loot and xp, and so on and so forth....... I will be very happy if the levels are fairly large.

I do agree on the escape death bit, but it doesn't mean that death itself can be escaped by all careless players.

Also, judging by the screenshots, cloud gremlins might be as annoying as Unfriendly AIs given the large amount of voltaic damage they deal, and resistances aren't exactly that common in the early game. Worse in a mode like NTTG.