Alpha 47 An observation on trading

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Mikel, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

The Stahlmarkians REALLY want to sell me some boxed stone smelting crucibles... They keep showing up with a dozen of more of those bad boys...

Is it safe to assume that some balancing logic might be forthcoming to favor consumables over permanent items, and when permanents are available, perhaps institute smaller limits?

2. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

Haha, yeah - a lot of the trade stuff is hardcoded so what's on the trade lists is very.. first-pass right now. We'll definitely be refining this.

3. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

What is perhaps more useful is general raw materials (mostly the ingot type).

They also like to bring a lot of expensive trade food which the player doesn't really have much need for..

4. Mikel

I think there is a potential value in some of the more refined items as trade goods... I just found it a bit comical to have a trade convoy cart a huge pile of smelters. :)

5. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

(For what it's worth, this is no longer the case as of 47. It will return to their lists once some balancing has been done to make it more reasonable.)

6. Mikel

Also, although firearms have a listed trade value they simply cannot be traded at this time.