Ammunition

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Regina Absher, Dec 10, 2016.

1. Regina Absher

Regina Absher Member

It doesn't seem like my barracks are ever stocked with ammo. I have ammo and my soldiers shoot just fine, but you can never see the barracks "supplied" amount. Does this happen to anyone else? Although it doesn't hurt game play I would think you would want to get rid if this bug.

2. Jagwithtude

Jagwithtude Member

Which gun locker/lockers do you have in your barracks? If you don't have any then your military will use the default pistol which doesn't need any ammo, if this is the case then your barracks will not show that you have ammo, it's only when you have the different gun lockers that you need different types of ammo and then there will be a little box that will tell you how much ammo you have in stock.

Gun locker.jpg

Exile likes this.
  3. Regina Absher

Regina Absher Member

I have the first three in my barracks after the pistol. Still doesn't show the ammo in there. I thought it was pretty strange.

4. Jagwithtude

Jagwithtude Member

That is strange, which gun locker are you using? I know you wrote that you have ammo but try and make one more and see if it will be supplied then, sometimes there can be a glitch with items showing up on your inventory list but it is not really there to use. if that doesn't help you might want to post your save so that someone else can look at your game and see what is happening.

5. Regina Absher

Regina Absher Member

Okay. Thanks! I will see if I can get it to work.

6. Jagwithtude

Jagwithtude Member

You are welcome, I hope it works.

7. Regina Absher

Regina Absher Member

I am playing a whole new game now. I have over 150 colonists. Built all the first lockers, made the ammo and it still doesn't stock. Usually when something doesn't work I assume I am doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what.

8. Naffarin

Naffarin Bureaucrat-Inspector Exemplar of The Empire

Is this experimental or stable branch ?

9. Jonta

Jonta Member

Have you clicked the type of weapon you want to use ? - you can only use one type i each barack.
    If not, it is because you use pistol, and dont need ammo.

10. Regina Absher

Regina Absher Member

I didn't know you could click a type of weapon. I am using the 1.0D I believe, the experimental one.

11. Regina Absher

Regina Absher Member

That worked. I clicked on a different weapon locker and it worked. Thanks.

12. Regina Absher

Regina Absher Member

This entire time I have been using pistols to defend because if did not realize I needed to click on the latest gun in the barracks.

So click on the most advanced gun you have available in the barracks that you also have ammo for. That was the most confounding thing. I assumed my soldiers would use the best of what was there. Not so.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  13. Jonta

Jonta Member

Getting over 150 colonists just with a simple handgun, even in Temp Bio is pretty good ;) job. !!

14. Regina Absher

Regina Absher Member