AMD Control Panel: Switchable Graphics

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Alephred, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

So, AMD Radeon cards have a thing called 'Switchable Graphics', which I suspect might be the cause of some graphical issues, in that the computer (typically a laptop with a Mobile edition AMD GPU) tries to run Clockwork Empires on the wrong GPU (i.e. the Intel HD GPU). I haven't been able to confirm since I don't own an AMD card, but this guy's video demonstrates the steps to follow in the Catalyst Control Center.

Maybe someone with an AMD card can confirm?

Start at 3:16 (all the earlier stuff is about how to re-install your drivers and download the Control Center if it's missing):

2. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

There is a gentleman on our Steam Forums having issues with his Radeon HD 5470. Can you point him at this as a test subject?

3. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

If you're referring to this thread, done and done, and apparently successful. :)

Daniel likes this.
  4. PeterH

PeterH Member

I tried on my lappy, and the result was that AMD control panel says now "there are no settings here that I can do anything about" and exits. Can't even do what it used to do before.

I hope the reset point I created before downloading the full version of the control panel will work <eye-roll> (incidentally my lappy has a 7xxx ATI gpu, it's only just over a year old).