Alternate between relevant animations when dual-wielding different classes of weapons

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Bohandas, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Right now I'm playing am dual-wielding character. At the moment they are wielding a mace and a polearm, but the only animation that ever plays when they attack is the polearm attack animation; this strikes me as suboptimal.

I think that in cases such as this it should alternate between the two relevant animations, ie. with this character if it played the polearm animation the last time I attacked then it would show the mace animation the next time, and then it would go back to the polearm animation the time after that, and so on.

Alternately, if you don't want to go to the trouble of programming the game to remember which kind of attack animation it showed last you could have it choose between the two animations.

---

BTW, On a semi-related note, it would be nice if there were a shield-bash animation for characters wielding a shield without an overrideClassName but no weapon.

mining, Vitellozzo and adelmagne like this.
  2. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

I'm not saying this is a bad idea, but what I am saying is that this is more work than it'd be worth.

But if you would personally draw a dual wield sprite, I guess that would be different.

Kazeto likes this.
  3. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

It could just alternate randomly, and not everytime a different attack, when you dual wield.
    For a dual wield sprite, it should have every weapon combination in it to show the truth.
    Maybe the game could just show both animations for the attack, but I think the game will becomes too slow, doing two animations for every attack.
    Definitively not something I'd give high priority on.