ALPHA 50F: WE ARE NOW AUTOMATICALLY ALL MEMBERS OF THE DEBUGGING FRIENDSHIP CLUB

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, May 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

So here's the deal: we need data to figure out why workshop modules are sometimes stalling. To that and, and to test some other stuff, we have just pushed 50F.

If the modules stop working for you, please IMMEDIATELY SEND YOUR CONSOLE.TXT (as soon as you notice this) to contact@gaslampgames.com or post it in the forum! This now has Special Debugging Friendship Club Stuff in it to help me figure out what the heck is going on here.

Thanks!

Consolidated changelog for 50F

updated "?" box tutorials to match current UI for workshops
    re-added spice rack recipe to carpentry workshop
    added hunger and safety QoL
    shuffled around some of the recommended decor modules in buildings
    building footprint display code rewritten, ensuring module access points and other useful geometries always show up correctly.
    jobs menu will flash if too many jobs currently exist
    FIXED: "Flatten Terrain" will now always flatten terrain to the height of the starting location, rather than the square that is closest to the top left corner of the map
    FIXED: skillup wouldn't update skill level display in character info panel
    FIXED: logs from burnt timber weren't usable
    FIXED: barracks tutorial assuming you had build a barracks if you assigned someone to your starting NCO
    FIXED: made it so repair jobs can't be interrupted by people who want to gossip

2. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Ah a flatten terrain upgrade!

Hopefully some day we'll be able to get around the "minicliff that can't be flattened" problem too.

Manamoo likes this.
  3. Rahbek23

Rahbek23 Member

What is "too many?"

Also the flatten terrain fix will hopefully make me able to play a curved landscape without my balls dropping to the floor out of frustration. (!!!).

4. Unforked

Unforked Member

Wow, that would be quite the party trick!:D

It's still so disadvantageous to build in mountainous regions just for the sheer amount of necessary flattening. Makes me hope we'll get incentives of some sort. Otherwise I fear most players will just re-roll for flat land.

5. Jacq

Jacq Member

I dunno about you, buddy, but being able to build a trade depot on the highest peak is perk enough for true Clockworkians.

6. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

You can just "flatten" the whole world to make it all the highest peak.

And then everyone who tries to get to you has to do some serious climbing.

7. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

I don't know if it's related to the bug you're looking for, but I filed a crash report over here (relevant files attached). The session crashed to desktop when I ordered up 5 bricabrac in the Carpentry order window. Mainly, it appears to trigger when I press 'ESC' to close the Carpentry Workshop order window after I order something.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  8. Cyjack

Cyjack Member

Why is the job list menu button in the top left permanently flashing a red 'x' ? Mildly annoying.

9. Nicholas

The jobs menu will flash if you have more "assignment beacon" jobs than you do workers capable of responding to them, plus a budget of 2 extra workers. It needs to be made a little bit more informative, possibly, but the goal is to provide *some* feedback indicating that you have more jobs than your assignment beacon clearing teams can handle.

10. Cyjack

Cyjack Member

Heh, I can't recall ever playing this game where I didn't have more jobs assigned than work crews. Maybe it should flash when I have *idle* workers. Otherwise, that thing's going to be on all the time.

11. Selly1

Selly1 Member

I *think* this disproves Rentahamster's theory about the issue being linked to standing orders. My kitchen's stopped producing food (other than the overseer) despite having enough ingredients.

Console.txt is zipped

Edit: I did delete two modules. That's all I can think that may have caused this.

Attached Files:

Rentahamster likes this.
  12. Selly1

Selly1 Member

Game then crashed when I tried to destroy the kitchen

Edit: uploaded the wrong file

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  13. Teutomatos

Teutomatos Member

Failed !
    I don t know about tutorial, but about current game if NCO die, the nex xxth infantry don t take the job, by barrack assignment.
    Fled from danger.
    Can't add workers militia in its group.

14. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Unrelated to barracks tutorial.

This is a set of bugs related to the auto-promotion of a soldier if the starting NCO dies, logged as OC-4738, known since 50C.

Jonothan Thrace likes this.
  15. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Hey! We definitely appreciate the effort, but ah, I think your console.zip file is empty?

16. Selly1

Selly1 Member

Blegh, stupid Zip program.

Try this one. Not a clean version at all, as I've played part of the game since the error... then had to butcher the .txt to get it to upload.

Attached Files:

dbaumgart likes this.
  17. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

No more construction - won't build kilns or install new wood working benches. Plus script error placing a brick ceramics kiln
    Capture.PNG

Attached Files:

18. Nicholas

Okay, the problem is actually that the commodities window is now flat out lying about the number of goods you have in your colony. The larger machines in particular do not seem to be correctly deleting all of the goods, so where you guys think you have 40 planks because that's what the window tells you, you actually have 2... which isn't enough for the machine to run.

Okay, fixing.

Teutomatos and Rentahamster like this.
  19. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

Hey this crash was me! The thing where the workshop window crashed the game on close should be fixed for the next version :burliness:

Jacq likes this.
  20. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Ahhh, that makes sense now. Several times over my playthroughs, I would see that I have over a hundred logs in my inventory window, but couldn't actually locate them visually in my stockpile. I figured they were either still spread out over the wilderness where they got chopped down, or someone had put them somewhere I can't see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.