ALPHA 50C ALPHA 50C: WE WILL MASTER THESE EMOTIONS

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Apr 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

My colonists are hauling materials that are in the corner of the map for some reason.

Attached Files:

2. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

It's happening again...lol

They got stuck with a script error while making long clothes lines.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Unforked likes this.
  3. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

[​IMG]

Mastered?

[​IMG]

Nicely arranged.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  4. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

So fences are just gabions in disguise? Even a brick "fence" uses 1 log per section (really expensive) and since repairing now takes just a little colonist labor, I'm sticking with the good old Middle Class House[/b] Wall.

5. 20160501180714_1.jpg Pretty sure that's the wrong background for that window.

6. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Thanks, fixed for the next patch!

Also fixed for the next patch! (I dig the gif, very nice.)

Jonothan Thrace likes this.
  7. dbaumgart

Also fixed for the next version!
    And fixed for the next.

Logged as OC-4698. Should be straightforward to fix for the next patch.

Thx everyone for reports!

8. So maybe it's because I haven't made any buildings yet (I'm the jerk who likes to get a good clear starting area first), but a bandit camp just plopped down in the middle of my cane field. 20160503001101_1.jpg

9. dbaumgart

Heh! That happens when it fails to find a better position - the algorithm in question has been updated for the next patch so this should not happen ever again. Well, almost never.

10. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

In my experience, it's not possible to build carpets at the carpentry, despite sufficient bricabrac. Also, I'm having trouble clicking the + and - buttons in the Trade window, which seems like a new problem. Sometimes clicks will register, and sometimes they won't.

11. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Yeah, building carpets and rugs and long clothes lines is bugged. I don't bother with them Get carpets from trade instead.

The clickable area for the trade window button is misaligned with the graphic. Try clicking on the top left corners of the buttons instead.

12. Teutomatos

Teutomatos Member

When ? There s a date planned ?
    317 hours almost marathon of non stop playing, so i suppose to be on my way to sufer eldritch transformation myself !
    Nice game, dev team seems nice too and the community, i love lovcraft blink and spirit you follow; it s interesting but can t find achievement of any party. cause too much bugs or crash by runtime error.
    Won t you test your patchs yourself before launch it ?
    The worse is so basic errors that do not exist before, than you could seen yourself easily as you plug a new module.
    Make it right before avert lots of fix later.

I trust in you to continue in this ugly - pleasant atmosphère, but i have a request : what about the building art design ?
    I love to watch some steampunk looking for the wall too. Cause actualy it s really really ... i can t find a word ... Well not at the same level of the rest.

Friendly
    His Teuto'sness

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  13. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Do you want to see obeliskians, fishmen, and bandits ruin my tea harvest? Look no further than my own Episode 5.

This season's tea has subtle, eldritch aroma. with a burnt aftertaste.

Tea.jpg

Unforked and Jonothan Thrace like this.
  14. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

If you mean the clotheslines and carpets, they've been around for a long time, no one really used them though, not since hmm... well it was usually windows for decor.

The really funny thing is how the carpets are now the best decor.

EggsAckly likes this.
  15. Unforked

Unforked Member

Sweet, beautiful chaos. All that's missing are the Strange Meteor... things.

That reminds me, I'm sure it's supposed to be pretty mysterious, but I'm curious how/when the meteor event gets triggered. Is it just random? I've only seen it once in the old build, and never again after several fairly long games.

16. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Well,

A number of events use the Character Even Timer, so I can't say too much about that, but

That mean time to event is 100,000 ticks, or 10,000 seconds, or 20.8days of ingame time.

17. I personally used the clotheslines for barracks and cheap housing because they're one of the few pieces of decor with more than one appearance.

18. James Deane

James Deane Member

Hi -

Game will not launch, it opens a big white screen and says "not responding". was happily playing both 50C and 50B, and then it stopped working the other day.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, checked file cache in Steam, and switched from Experimental to Release, and still nothing.

Any suggestions?

19. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

The game is getting too easy again on the military front. I wish there were a way to encourage more bandits to attack, or fishmen raids, or something. By the time I get a unit equipped with all Leyton Pistols, nothing bothers me anymore. I guess I can just insult one of the other nations until they send an invasion. Or purposefully kick a nest of sleeping obleskians.

20. Teutomatos

Teutomatos Member

For example. Lots of small things like windows quality. But Naturalist that no longer announces the results of dissection.
    The list of objects that appear and which is not known if they have a purpose or whether they were left there by forgetfulness, because the guys called in the emergency one who took care because they could not keep his seat the lunch break ...
    Indeed, carpets ... And this bag, which can harbor a screenplay hand for future change, but currently pathologically sought purpose, but be a delay ...?
    But especially in a carpenter module that doubles the productions of the same objects.
    Or did you detect on the inversion of x y for applanissement ground.
    Differents scrolling problems ...
    Little things that assume consistency additions were not controlled enough.
    It s not a graphic card variation problems when everybodies have the same problems
    And ultimately, prevent us from having a relevant look at the attrition triggers that seem to be the major asset of clockwork and the heart of the drama.
    This game carries a lot of promise and talent and would like to join my sympathy there, but it's a little porridge for now.
    We feel that developers attention is carried by exciting things without doubts, but they could sometimes forget the triviality of the basic mechanisms. At the end, we have neither one nor the other, we poor peelers vegetables.
    :eek:

EggsAckly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.