ALPHA 49 ALPHA 49A: SUDDENLY A HOTFIX

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Mar 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

In particular, this fixes issues on machines with UNICODE systems, or systems with weird write permissions.

FIXED: dead colonists will never try to set revolt icon on themselves
    FIXED: Bandit corpse scripterror
    FIXED: Republique invalid trade item
    FIXED: ForceDropEverything error due to invalid trade item spawn
    FIXED: Colonists denounce cowardice scripterror
    FIXED: mineral beacon tooltip
    FIXED: people thought they blamed themselves for the woes of the colony when someone else blamed them
    FIXED: all agents will now ignite correctly from environmental fire
    FIXED: military will no longer use invisible guns after training sessions
    FIXED: crash starting new game or creating world on UNICODE systems or systems with weird write permissions
    FIXED: agents not correctly having their hostile bit set, or having hostile bits reset

KillerKidClever likes this.
  2. As a reward for your hotfix I give you a crash! No save because it's super early on in the game, I'd just placed down a large and fancy lower class housing place. It had two courtyards in it, is this a known bug?

I also can't upload the dmp file because it's 0kb.

3. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Wait, hotfix? Is this supposed to be savegame compatible?

4. Nicholas

Yes, it should be save game compatible.

Yes, two courtyards will crash the game at present. (I should deal with that.)

Menthol_Penguin likes this.
  5. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

[​IMG]

Is this semi-random non-stockpile using behavior part of balancing the mines or something? While fixing the old "walk across the colony" bug made mines much more productive, it would be more direct to just change the jobtimes for mining or something.

======================================

Traders seem to et very confused in my game sometimes, especially the ones you can call in from foreign office, they sometimes go to the other side of my colony (outside the walls) and drop their items.

I get the notification that they arrived, but the Trade Depot shows that it is empty and their items are not there to trade for either.

6. Mike A

Mike A Member

My mines also do not use stockpiles.

How do you... assign an overwatcher to the trade building? I don't see the option.

7. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Trade Depots don't need anyone assigned to them, you can just click to trade once the foreigners are nearby.

8. Trifler

Trifler Member

Hmm... I seem to have a video glitch with this new hotfix that I did not have previously. Buildings and objects started to constantly flicker after about 20 minutes into a new game and just got worse as I built more. I finally closed it for fear of damaging my video card. I had no such problem with 48C or D (or any version in the past for that matter).

I have a Radeon 280X 3GB on Win10 64-bit. I have the latest video drivers and was using the same video drivers with game version 48.

9. Nicholas

Nothing has changed in the rendering code, at all, between 48D and 49A. In fact, 48D and 49 are basically identical.

New video card drivers? Old video card drivers? Possibly just time to revalidate your Steam cache?

10. Trifler

Trifler Member

Same video drivers. I'll try revalidating the Steam cache.

Edit: Seems to be working again. :)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  11. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Traders are picking up guns, though not sure if it's just because I have a bunch which have sort of bugged out and just hang around endlessly (guess their trade mission broke for whatever reason).

They either hold it upright (like a colonist who is transporting guns), but I have also seen one put it on their back (and then they walk around carrying air)

12. Mokkun

Mokkun Member

Suddenly a wild crash appeared.
    (sorry, had to keep the pun of the thread title). I do not think the .dmp will be usefull, as it was 0kb. zipped it to get it whit just in case.. game ran fine for 5ish hours. then suddenly crashed.

*edit. seems it had not uploaded the console file yet.. oh. and the script error..
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

I just had one of Job Bozzler's workers suck up to Job Bozzler. Job Bozzler remembers this as him sucking up to himself, but she remembers it as herself sucking up to Job Bozzler.

14. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Probably:
    That should be OTHER_NAME I guess.

15. Wolg

Wolg Member

Already in typos thread, as is the one for creeped out by whispering.

16. Dona Nelson

Dona Nelson Member

I TOLD yall those disgusting foreigners were weapon stealing anarchists!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.