ALPHA 49 ALPHA 49: "THE JOY OF WORK" NOW LIVE

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

KillerKidClever, Tarod and Unforked like this.
  2. Unforked

Unforked Member

Quickest turnaround time from experimental to stable build? Could be...

Didn't get a chance to mention before: Thank you for giving us the three event option for the log, that feels much better. (I still preferred it in the bottom right corner, but I can't have ALL the cake.)

Tikigod and Daniel like this.
  3. berkstin

berkstin Member

4. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Yeah, I believe there was some vigorous re-fixing of terrain transitions to correct this.

berkstin likes this.
  5. Selly1

Selly1 Member

Unfortunately, frustration still continues with military matters. After a bit of a break from the game I seem to have returned to Citizens who refuse to flee, and Soldiers who would rather chat than repel invaders.

Que screenshot of Jesse chatting away while being pummeled to death:
    upload_2016-3-19_0-3-34.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  6. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Jesse: "'Ere Silas, this may strike ya as a sorta odd thing ta ask... but there 'aint some strange fish-like folk behind me beating me with a bloodied piece of coral like is there?"

Silas: "What you talkin' bout Jesse? Everyone knows them fish-folk 'aint nothin but daft gossip. They don't exist! 'Tis all in ya 'ead ye daft bugger!"

Edit:

^^ This ^^

7. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Hmm, I have a new inspiration for alternative ways to run colony, this will be interesting... lalala

Diplomacy and Trade seem like a pretty powerful combination.

8. mrclint

mrclint Member

Designating and trading before a convoy comes remove the traded goods from me and seems to preventing convoys from arriving.

And assigning a work crew to the ceramics shop crashed the game.

Attached Files:

9. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

Got a crash when assigning a crew to the chemistry workshop.

Also managed a few other script errors seemingly randomly. (they were before a save/load sorry).

Really liking this build so far though. I have been having a tough time finding stone though, since it can only be mined in specific locations. I haven't found any places to mine yet that will yield stone.

Also, since the UI is being addressed a lot right now, there is an issue with assigned work tasks when you queue a lot of things up. I notice it a lot in the kitchen and the carpentry workshop. every time you click a button the tasks menu resets to the top of the scroll window, if you want to hit the + button twice on the lowest item, you have to scroll to the bottom of the window for each click. It is rather bothersome!

Cheers!

Edit: more script errors

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  10. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Please take a look at the Republique Traders. They seem to be carrying the following item: "boxed_middle_class_bed"

This item was removed from the game, though (it's the big 3x2 middle-class bed). Suspect this causes some errors. The 3x1 middle-class bed is the "boxed_middle_class_single_bed"

================================================

Also, I'm getting traders (especially the special ones you can ask for via the foreign office) who somehow lose their items on the way over to the colony, and show up holding air.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  11. Mike A

Mike A Member

I set my carpentry shop to make one loading bay door. Both of my workers began building AND finished it at the same time. So I have two loading bay doors.

Oops!

12. Mike A

Mike A Member

My first real Alpha 49 game ended when three bandits attacked my 8 Militia town and killed everyone. I don't know what happened but it was probably for the best. My waitress at the Public House wasn't serving anyone, just watching them. People seemed to reach that spot where they stop doing anything for no seeming reason.

13. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Do you have a save game where people seemingly stop doing anything? I can track this stuff down and fix it, but only if people give me save games.

14. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

When I encountered overseers who stopped working, the solution was similar to the stuck miner. I'd unassign the worker, stick him on carpentry duty, wait till his job activity went to something neutral, then put him back to his original position.

15. Mokkun

Mokkun Member

No crashes, but a few script errors.. And for the love of god, plese support .rar as a compressed format on the forum as logs can turn quite big and .zip is not that good a compression.. so here is dropbox link to log https://www.dropbox.com/s/8n872egmr4npan4/console A49.zip?dl=0

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Second, Could we get a emergency no barracks way of draft? I kind of forgot the barracks and a lone fish-man made a LONG, SLOW massacre after somehow managing to take out the starter squad. and he kept harassing the ones trying to build a barrack. (Bandit raid did save me by killing the fish-man).

Attached Files:

16. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Use 7z.

http://www.7-zip.org/7z.html

17. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Did you ignore the warning about building one? Was there the warning about building one?

18. Mokkun

Mokkun Member

There was, but as I think I wrote.. I forgot about it. First warning was while I was more focused on the kitchen, then, it just fell out..
    should have done as I normaly do, as third building (first house, sawmill barracks, instead of as I did sawmill, house, kitchen, supposed to be barracks but forgot so naturalist.. mainly user error but still.. ;)

Hmm, should check if site acept the 7z format then.

19. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

It does. It's what I submit my consoles in when they get too big.

20. Mokkun

Mokkun Member

Thank you. Ill have to try getting that one too then..

(next part Not directed at Rentahamster)..
    oh. and grin..
    bit more in line whit what the thread is for. when loading the save to continue, game crashed on me..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016