ALPHA 48B NOW IN EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Mar 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Now I can either make my (new) ultimate self-sustaining fortress-colony, OR write tons of words in the Crop Post and so on about...

Farming/Cooking:
    [​IMG]

and Mining/Metalworking...

[​IMG]

2. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

Did you guys get the crash with the barber shop being clicked already? Ill attach a dump just in case.

I only played a little on this build but I actually really like the new farming stuff. Its way easier to set up and I don't feel bad having farms that aren't max size anymore. Plus, multiple farms per crew seems to be semi working now? I havn't actually tried it too much since I tend not to keep going once I hit a crash that I know I will keep triggering ( I must click all the buildings all the time cause It's a compulsion).

I did however notice that sometimes unbuilt modules are becoming invisible instead of the regular ghost. Also, farms again suffer from that graphical glitch with nearby terrain flattening after the farm is placed.

Also, Thank you soooo much for removing the colonist auto assign. Worlds better!

Attached Files:

3. Bandits raided my colony and all of my logs got set to "forbidden" and now my carpenters refuse to touch them even after reclaiming them.

4. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

• Making a Boxed Iron Smelting Crucible is instant ^__^
    • Making a Boxed Smithing Forge is instant
    • While you must have 2 Lacquered Planks to make a Laboratory, the building doesn't actually use any.
    • Wheat is broken (someone already reported it in bug thread I think)

Wow, the Take Confession job really eats up the vicar's time, it's a relatively long chat... haven't seen a sermon happen yet, it seems Vicar manages to Take Confession once or twice before their shift ends.

It would be nice if there was an alert when the traders reached the Trade Post and could actually trade, rather than when they're far away.

22 overseers out of a population of 42... can't say no to overseers, huh...

[​IMG]

Traders, still doing good work out there...

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  5. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

• Insta Boxed Iron Smelting Crucible / Boxed Smithing Forge is instant : logged as OC-4487
    • Laboratory laquered planks: OC-4488
    • Traders give alert: OC-4489
    • Wheat: OC-4484
    • Confession time: OC-4485
    • (from another thread?): rebalance of ore/metal trade values: OC-4486

Logged as OC-4490, should be simple.

6. dbaumgart

(Sorry, too many posts to quote, will just list issues logged.) - a few more...

OC-4493 : Single-target clear terrain orders don't create assignment beacon
    OC-4492 : "He sucked up to OTHER_NAME"
    OC-4491 : Mineshaft module construction via workbench rather than carpentry workbench

7. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

I'll point out that "shared a warm hug with OTHER_NAME" is also a thing.

Is it possible to change things so that you can say "wait" and basically skip an overseer-granting event? Obviously the next time it comes out you'll be offered it again and so on, but it would help.

From 6 overseers +1 laborer, I grew rather quickly and stopped taking immigration but now am at 22 overseers+20 laborers.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  8. dbaumgart

Cool - fixed the hug memory text too!

Logged OC-4494 for overseer/labourer immigration balance/additional options possibilities.

9. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Did you already change/fix the miner behavior from ver48-B?

10. dbaumgart

Yup! (Edit: may have missed that on the changelog due to being such a small change.)

11. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Before, more than one person could work in the lab, but now it seems only one will, everyone else will do things like "wander near overseer" and "idle". Much like with extra people in naturalist workgroups, I suppose.

==============================

Sign hangers are probably the oddest type of decor, I think you can actually place them on top of one another (as you can see, they do stack on windows)

[​IMG]

Samut likes this.
  12. Samut

Samut Member

It's been too long since I played - are there signs for the sign hangers?

13. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

There's a hat sign decor item (1 plank) but it's totally separate from the sign hangers.

14. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Yeah, it's kind of odd seeing a sign hanger with no sign on it, lol.

15. dbaumgart

Is there only one chalkboard? Or is it just the overseer doing science? (Will check all of this.)

16. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

There are three chalkboards, they should all be accessible.

Only one person does it, in some cases, a lower-class will Do Science and then the overseer and the rest will just idle or wander about. Would be good if anyone else can verify this.

Since chalkboards only use wood, it makes sense to cram in as many as you can in a (minimum cost) lab footprint.

EDIT: Maybe something with office code? I am able to get people working properly now, it could be that a chalkboard was only added after I added the extra worker, or maybe something to do with shifts.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  17. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

In a separate issue, something is up with the "debris on module breaking" due to how tightly packed ovens and beds are, I think the debris is stacked several times deep per square? Sadly it's hard to clear as the colonists just bug out when trying to clear terrain, and they just stand there looking silly.

18. Extremely minor thing: I just saw a deer for the first time, and their walk cycle is not in synch with their movement, so it looks like they're kind of skating over the ground.

19. I have uploaded a save game with a stuck overseer.
    See https://community.gaslampgames.com/threads/person-stuck-49a.17120/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.