ALPHA 48B NOW IN EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Mar 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Been that way for a month or so.

2. Palindrome

Palindrome Member

There is an edit button so you can put everything in 1 post. Its considered bad form to spam threads with multiple posts.

3. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Well, let me take a guess:
    Usually the last item used to make something is not destroyed, it is normally something like:
    For the carpentry workshop.

(note, many of them designate the workbench as "saw", but the mineshaft job calls it "workbench"

My guess is when the fourth item (an iron ingot) was removed, the transform_item part was removed as well.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    Samut likes this.
  4. Unforked

Unforked Member

I glance at the news ticker A LOT to remind myself of recent news and look over things I may have missed, so I would never play with it collapsed, nor do I feel like having to open and close it constantly. Having it in the top center of the screen feels very obtrusive and uncomfortable. Please give us a way to move it.

On a positive note, I do love the other main UI changes.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  5. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

I made a proper crash report in the Crash thread, here, but clicking on the barbershop will consistently crash my client.

6. Dona Nelson

Dona Nelson Member

I was happy to see a new alpha when I got home. I fired it up at once and notice at once that colonists seem to become unhappy quite early. Barbershops now require bricks, which was an unhappy surprise. An early bandit or fish person raid can cause your colony to collapse due to wounded, unhappy colonists refusing to work in the fields, no food = starving colonists who refuse to work etc etc. Nodes seem to yield less items. One cannot see the colonist counter in windowed mode. It is underneath the event bar. When mousing over it, it says number of colonists. If it gave the number when moused over, that would work, but, as one cannot access it underneath the event bar, its no use at all in windowed mode. I posted about these things in the steam forum, but decided to repost here as well. I have not had success with the new build so far.

7. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Grr. Okay, so there seem to be some crash bugs lying around. The ones with strong repro cases can be fixed. I will take crash DMPs for anything that seems "random" and will try to hammer that out quickly for 48C.

I would also take any save game with a "stuck" worker, because that's new again and shouldn't be happening.

wargarurumon and berkstin like this.
  8. Selly1

Selly1 Member

Would love to know more...

9. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

[​IMG]

10. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Miners (in mineshafts) are now super productive thanks to the hauling thing being fixed.

Of course I had to modify the job for Make Mineshaft Module so it wouldn't crash me but... yes, they are great* now!!

**Now it is my smelters who get kneecapped due to having to use 3 ores per ingot, gahhh the pain.

11. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Wow, it's 3 ores per ingot now? Daaaaaayum.

12. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

The surface ores are reduced if you even see them, thankfully mineshaft module doesn't need iron anymore, but the smithing forge takes 2 ingots instead of 1 =p

Still 1ingot per pistol though.

13. Palindrome

Palindrome Member

Something else I forgot to add earlier although its probably not a bug. I had a Bandit attack which I drove off (armoured bandit so I couldn't kill him) who aggroed a Fishman at about the same time that my military stopped chasing him. I forgot about him entirely until about 5 minutes later he ran though town again, still being chased by the same fishman.

14. wargarurumon

wargarurumon Member

here's one

Attached Files:

15. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

[​IMG]

Now just wait until fishpeople spawn to own me, or I get invaded and steamrolled...

[​IMG]

Why do this when you live in a world with Minim Guns and Steam Knights....

16. I thought the number of colonists was no longer listed, but it turns out it's hiding behind the message bar for some reason. I run it at 1280x720, which may or may not be relevant.
    Also, I don't like the day counter going away, I liked knowing how many days I was in at a glance.

17. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

It is relevant. On a larger resolution, it's not hidden at all, there's plenty of space in between the colonist counter and the message bar.

Might have to do with how the UI elements are scaled with resolution, that it overlaps.

18. On my display, there is a blank space to the right of the message bar, as seen in this screencap (which also illustrates the OTHER_NAME bug):
    2016-03-05_00001.jpg

19. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Yeah, there's space on both sides of the message bar for me at 1920 width.

Probably because the message bar is anchored to the middle of the top of the screen and there's more stuff on the left, if you scale down the message bar will hit the left side and not the right.

20. During an attack from Republique Mechanique, an expanded Overseer was shown only partly in the Work Crew drop-down menu - see attached image.
    All the Overseers listed above him died - and he therefore moved upwards (while expanded) and halfway out of the window.

Attached Files:

• half.png
      half.png
      File size:
      137.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.