ALPHA 48A NOW IN EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Feb 19, 2016.

1. I pushed some keys and got this. What did I do?

Nvm, found the key combination. But what does it do?

Attached Files:

2. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Looks like you've opened up the ingame console and then uh... somehow the font for it messed up?

3. Ahh yeah. The font is actually showing now! What fun stuff can I do with this, I wonder...

4. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Some of the console stuff is hidden unless they accidentally roll out a debug/dev build to experimental again like they did last month. :p

5. Script error for you.

Also, some weird issues with decor modules. I have wall shrines and decent cabinets placed, boxed modules ready for both but only the decent cabinets are being built and are showing the right icons for those that aren't built yet. The wall shrines haven't been built for ages and I can't work out why, they're also not showing the icon above you.

Attached Files:

6. Oh, and a crash right after I post this. Deleted kitchen, went to clear up the debris and crash.
    I hope they're all the right files!

Attached Files:

7. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Actually it's useful for modding... like you could smooth out the milestones (presumably they wanted overseers to come in little "waves" ?

Right now actually you could mod various things but it's not really worth experimenting on.

Spreadsheets... are the easy part as you can just see. Plus nowadays you even have colored sections to make it easy to see at a glance.

Challenge is that one part in the crop post which uses algebra.Actually no that's easy too, but hard to make readable on forums.

Now if we use calculus...

8. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Ah .. that sounds .... just right :) Accounts for my indifferent confusion. Thanks.

9. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

Haha, the issue is that the access point for the wall shrines is underneath the cots in front of them and therefore your builders think the shrine is 'inaccessable' and can't be built. I've moved it to directly in front of the shrine instead of one tile out.

Menthol_Penguin likes this.
  10. Another script error and another crash on the autosave. Also have a door that only shows in blueprint mode, I'd deleted the building that it was attached to.

Attached Files:

11. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

A very small bug, probably not worth its own thread:

Scientists and their Lab Assistants can perform Research at any chalkboard, anywhere. I discovered that Research was happening even though my Lab was empty; I discovered the Lab crew happily doing Research in the nearby Naturalist's office, which also happened to have a chalkboard.

12. Science is also collaboration between different fields!

13. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Here's a GIF of the middle of my colony. No way I can remember each individual colonist now. They're all just cogs in the great machine of civilization:

[​IMG]

For those interested, I've attached my save and replay files.

Attached Files:

14. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

I find it's always around 60 colonists that it starts to become very much a case of "Wait... who was that again? The fishy person? Or the mushroom lover? ehhhh I dunno, they've all melded together" for me.

So instead I just give all my farm overseers surnames something like "McCabbage", "McNauget" or "McPork". So I can at least remember them and immediately know if something is happening to a important farm crew based on if the colonists has a 'Mcxxxxx' surname in the notifications.

Other than that, it certainly all does just bleed together, at 85 or more I just give up tracking anyone as an individual... not enough unique factors to distinguish one ruffian-looking chap to another and a lot of it just becomes noise.

15. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

They're all random nobodies to me from Day 1 :p

16. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

A setting to "just show overseer names" would be nice, yeah.

17. Just some minor stuff that I might as well post here.

If you have a workshop panel open it'd be great to have that work-crew highlighted in the jobs list.

The right click radial menu could do with a background or something for the text. At least for my eyes!

Also, you can build at least chairs if not other modules right on top of each other. Save game provided.

Oh, and I had a workcrew named "Iolanthe Irownalker's Carnal Assembly" which made me smirk.

Attached Files:

18. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

The stupid miners are still wandering across town and then walking back to the one single stockpile that accepts raw materials.

----------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that if a colonist starts work at say shift #7, and should work until shift #4, they actually don't. Instead when the next day starts they will wander around etc.

So, recommend only putting colonists to start on shifts #1->3, which means the happiest ones (who work 6 shifts) will not waste their happiness.

19. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

Maybe they are dazed by the sunlight and it takes a while before they realize they overshot the right stockpile.

20. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Oh damn, thanks for the report. Fixed for next patch.