ALPHA 48A NOW IN EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Did you ensure the the first square for your levelling selection was at the level you want the rest to attain. Thus, in your screenshot, I'd start the level selection around the feet of the person nearest the top of the screen.

2. Zakouski

Zakouski Member

I feel the same.

Also, may we dream of a "panic" button for villagers, some kind of bell telling them "run away, we cannot protect you !" ?

3. Alianin

Alianin Member

My colony was mostly wiped out by a foreign invading army. I accepted the 6 relief overseers they sent me and have been seeing steady immigration since then, but not a single new overseer. If I recall correctly, it's based on economic progress, but when my colony is wiped just about wiped out, I would think the economic progress would be reset. Do I have to destroy a bunch of my offices/workshops?

4. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Level terrain tool has always been a bit quirky. I've always worked on the assumption that it uses whatever tile you start dragging the order out from as the base elevation that all other tiles part of the order will be brought up (or down) to.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  5. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

As far as I can tell, there's basically a series of milestones of production (a specific number) for each immigrating overseer from #1-18, if you lose overseers, the game will add new milestones at the end for more, but it means that you are still going to have to hit the #18 milestone before you can reach the new automatically generated #19, #20 etc.

The automatically generated ones (if your overseers died) are all evenly spaced, but you still need to reach the high #18 before you get there. So, unlike when you first start, instead of rapidly hitting milestone #1, #2 #3 etc, you may be at 10 and need to (very slowly now!) advance to #11, #12 etc

I think (and from experiences as well as what you say) that there is no resetting of production or milestone requirements.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    Alianin and Samut like this.
  6. Samut

Samut Member

Thank you for going through the code on that. The current approach does not seem like the right way to go.

Once a colony has hit a milestone, that should be what the Empire (and the game) see as the right amount of overseers for that colony. If the current number of overseers dips below that amount because fishpeople ate a bunch of them, then replacement overseers should get sent out, until the previous level has been restored.

If sending all the replacements at once would make things too easy, send them out one at a time. If that's too slow, now we have something a player could spend prestige/faction points/whatever to speed up (i.e. they could ask for an additional overseer to help make up for losses). Oh boy! Some actual decision making!

And if we're doing this, the maximum # of overseers should also get capped based on how many crews a colony can have (which in turn would be derived from the maximum allowed population). It's silly to eventually have 40 or 50 overseers if the maximum population is only 100 people. I know overseers are more useful than lower class citizens, but it shouldn't be an option to just load up on overseers. no matter how well a colony is doing.

7. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

You start with 6, and should only be able to gain 18 for 24 total.

If some die, you can get more to replace them, but it's 1:1 so you shouldn't go over the max 24.

=========================

Currently I think you can only get new overseers one at a time, 5 minutes apart or something.

It seems that lowerclass appearances follow a timer and do not have to do with your production.

8. Samut

Samut Member

It's good to hear there's a cap. But am I correct in understanding that replacements only come as a result of production and not because a colony loses a bunch of overseers?

9. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

You need to reach amounts to get them, so:
    You have 10 overseers (the cap). You have hit milestones #1 to 4.
    You lose 5 overseers. Now you are at 5 and can get up to 19more (to reach cap of 24)

But to get your next overseer you need to hit milestone #5.

As far as I can tell it's possible to basically have so much production that you surpass the "added" milestone limits. So if you just reached milestone #24 and then produce 3000 extra production, if you lose 10 overseers, you will quality for the newly generated milestones #25 to #34 (which will bring you up to the cap again). But only one overseer every 5 minutes or so.

Obviously if you haven't hit the cap, you're not going to have overseers "waiting in the queue". But most times people are getting beaten up by Fishpeople on Day 4 or Foreign Invasion on day 12 or something...

I have no clue what Milestones #1 -> #18 are, I only know that #19 is (#18 plus 300), #20 is (#19+300) etc. found it

========================

What I can't tell is if you start with 6, get owned down to 0, and then get the special "emergency 6 overseers" what you need to get another one. It might just be #1, or might be #7... I'm inclined to think that the emergency overseers basically means you need to pass the next 6 milestones before you can get another.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  10. Alianin

Alianin Member

I think I understand what you're saying, but it makes it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to recover from that. I was on day 26 with a population of 58. I'm now at day 40 population of 21 and I'm just about maxed on immigration with 6 overseers. I'm about to call the game a loss and fire up a new one and hope I don't get a repeat.

11. I'm having a few weird things but nothing major - colonists sometimes just walk away from the colony holding objects and then turn around and walk back

glass bottles used to make windows

some modules I can't seem to find where they go - macroscope and pressure chamber, plus there's a whole bunch of new stuff in the all modules menu with item costs of one plank.

Attached Files:

12. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Are they your miners?

Macroscope/pressure chamber used to be used in the lab but now have no use until the new features for them work.

Think of the oneplank ones as being like decor (but they're not decor, I think) just there for you to place for some fun and to look at.

13. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

And what is the 3rd ingredient for pies? Can't figure that one out :)

14. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Aha. Notepad++ is geat

overseerGoalChart = {55, 98, 146, 223, 332, 488, 653, 848, 921, 1123, 1240, 1451, 1530, 1816, 2002, 2431, 2925, 3510, 4290},

also:

local currentEconomy = divFloor(t[0],2) + (t[1] * 2) + (t[2] * 4) + (t[3] * 8) + (t[4] * 16) + (t[5] * 32) + (t[6] * 64) + (t[7] * 128)

So that's what you need for each overseer. 55 points for the first one..
    if chopping trees for logs count, each log is 0.5
    and then turning them into a plank is 2 points

So making chopping and then plankifying for 22 planks gets you overseer #1

See spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...DEryERPuwryhFWpKC1zmZGk85w/edit#gid=604068607

I also tried putting together the production value of finished goods (taking into account all the materials and processing needed before them) but it's not fully accurate...

Alianin likes this.
  15. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

I think pies need both wheat and sugerloaf (from sugarcane which isn't in Antipodea).

For that matter sogwood doesn't have wheat so...

16. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

I alternate between amazed and terrified at the depths of your efforts to break loose the secrets of the game.

17. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Not saddened? :)

My working theory is that Alavaria is a run away experiment of Gaslamps when they were seeing if the colonist simulation was ready to be dialled up to max. It become sentient, replicated itself and hi-jacked an existing forum account and is now led my a compulsion to define and calculate every variable of the game in order to better understand its own universe.

Others I've pointed to the 'findings' (some developers to show an example of what to perhaps one day expect in terms of having their game systems 'spreadsheeted'), have simply concluded that robots have picked up gaming habits. :p

Alianin likes this.
  18. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

It's definitely posted for you. Especially you.

19. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

We all have different ways of deriving enjoyment out of the same product :)

20. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

Never sadness. Consuming the fruits of Alavaria's labor is a choice. I can marvel at the detail without making the effort the commit the information to memory and adapt my play style to maximize effectiveness. I still have fun playing my game, even if I nudge it one way or another based on what I see in the forums.