ALPHA 48A NOW IN EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Alpha 48A of Clockwork Empires has now been posted to the experimental branch. It primarily consists of fixes for various random crashes. Unfortunately, these fixes also break the save game file compatibility, so we didn't want to push it as a regular hotfix to the main branch.

CHANGELOG:

- things crash less
    - added new work crew names

Unforked and KillerKidClever like this.
  2. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Change we can believe in.

Well v48 colony, it's been nice but time to start from scratch again~

Cthulhu_Awaits likes this.
  3. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

That's why I put it in the Experimental Branch, not the main branch. It's Up To You(TM)

4. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

\o/

5. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Nah I gotta get my opening moves down to perfection. Onwards!

Unforked likes this.
  6. Unforked

Unforked Member

Scary to think it's possible to optimize even more than you have been. :)

7. grayfox687

grayfox687 Member

Aww, I got my first colony to about 45 people last night.
    Oh well, gotta get into dat experimental branch, for Progress

8. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Mostly 2 things.

1. How to best use the overseers in day 1/2
    2. How early (day 4? after getting 2 new overseers or something?) to start farming flax and building bunkhouse.

9. Palindrome

Palindrome Member

Still crashing. It seemed to last a bit longer than usual but generally at around the time I am thinking of starting metal production the game CTDs for no apparent reason.

A method of equipping soldiers with decent weapons would be greatly appreciated. As would a method of removing unwanted weapons, even deleting them. Once someone has trained as a redcoat they should really remember their training, instantly/very quickly return to being a redcoat once re-recruited and be preferentially selected to join the military. Alternatively have a surviving redcoat gain a field promotion to NCO, at the very least until the threat has passed if not permanently. As it is NCO deaths place a heavy strain on overseer numbers (I lost 3 last game due to hordes of bandits) and its highly annoying to have your former military run away from a single bandit while still heavily armed.

I have noticed that random colonists would pick up forbidden pistols (I think it was for self/crop defense) and then carry them about strapped to their backs, presumably this is intentional? The game crashed quite soon after this happened so I'm not sure what would have eventually happened to the pistols.

The 'suck up to' job is using the placeholder name in the colonists info window, it was for a name that I haven't seen before so presumably it was recently added?

Attached Files:

10. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Giant beetle swarm ; soldiers just watched despite being told to hunt them and having hunting enabled.

Was working fine for other foe. When they return 2 days later, they are then hunted

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  11. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Anyone else see the small beetles not being stomped on? Had to munch their way through crops with farmers working around them.

12. Palindrome

Palindrome Member

I saw them getting stomped on, although the colonist was doing the stamping animation a fair distance away from the actual beetle.

13. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

And Foreign Office - send 2 lots of apologies but no change in rating.

Edit : 3rd one worked.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  14. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

This save game gives me the FSM Suport script error every time on load.
    Capture.PNG

Attached Files:

15. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Done right and getting that carpentry pooping out things like there's no tomorrow within the first day, cloth production by day 3 (and as such flax farming) is certainly doable.

Day 4 tends to be a standard day to aim for churning out cloth if you want to really nail sleeping arrangements for everyone on their own assigned schedule rather than trying to make colonists sleep around each other.

But a part of it really depends on how colonists decide to set their own orders the first 1-3 days and if you end up with construction work focusing on the wrong things, which can very easily happen if you plan out your full layouts right away which means your construction crew end up locked up by the kitchen construction work forever, rather than building things elsewhere like the barracks, finishing the carpentry, tailor etc.

16. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

I've experimented with juggling 2 construction crews working on two different products, and assigning the one lower-class worker to the one working on the bigger project.

Works pretty well. Not that you'd normally think on how to coordinate all this... even then, I had Barracks, Carpentry and Kitchen built, but the Stone Oven was only finished early day 2.

17. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Farmers' Stew is cooked instantly.

18. Mokkun

Mokkun Member

Heh. seems the game really like crashing on me. ;) Still rather fluent gameplay. although, think I have to begin getting two barracks. one to defend and one to chase attacking bandits.
    PS. any news on when we can tell or military to pick up specific guns. Id rather have my NCOs have jezail rifles so they are safely behind their troops. ;)

Attached Files:

19. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

Can someone update me on how the level terrain tool works now? I attempted to make flat terrain but instead got a hill that I couldn't remove. 2016-02-19_00001.jpg

Also, since it's being discussed. I too would really like to see soldiers get promoted to NCO if the NCO is killed. Currently it is very annoying that you can loose 5 military units with the death of one, possibly reducing your military to 0 instantly. Maybe drop the skill level a level or two, or even reset it when someone is promoted. Spit-balling here.

Edit: drop the squads morale levels when their NCO is killed?

20. Palindrome

Palindrome Member

With level terrain I always ensure that the box includes some terrain at the right height, I haven't had any oddities with this method.