ALPHA 47C ALPHA 47C NOW IN EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Happiness now feeds back into gameplay! It's totally unbalanced! Other crazy stuff happens! All sorts of chaos.

Major Changes

added new happiness-based workshift system; if your colonists aren't happy, they will work shorter hours. It's very important to keep your colonists happy.

Full Changelog
    added new happiness-based workshift system
    re-enabled steel in the game (it currently isn't used for anything, though. Emphasis currently.)
    re-enabled Chalk (used to make steel)
    added some new foreign office events to foreign nations
    Mineshafts now use particle effects when in use
    added warning when Lab/Foreign Office points are maxed
    events: made relations changes due to events stated more explicitly
    trader groups now have more appropriate names
    module breakage now spawns rubbish
    terrain flattening is now defined using a proper zone and widget, and not the awful old little yellow beacon system
    FIXED: some bandit related text
    FIXED: clothes-lines were not built correctly
    FIXED: muskets using incorrect resources
    FIXED: workbenches could be built for free
    FIXED: right-clicking in the zone creator let you break things
    FIXED: zone creator max size reporting was off by 1
    FIXED: saving in blueprint mode and reloading would cause invisible modules
    FIXED: small mysterious colored square occasionally showing up on the terrain
    FIXED: another case of the small mysterious colored square
    FIXED: barbershop and other exterior decor items create raised platforms
    FIXED: window height incorrect
    FIXED: pressing ENTER without having specified a correct blueprint would crash the game
    FIXED 47B: Terrain flattening is back
    FIXED: carpentry benches wouldn't break properly
    FIXED: traders should no longer leave 'ghost' trade goods if things get weird
    FIXED 47B: Empire relations weren't being changed by Foreign Office
    FIXED: Offices now use scroll bars in their jobs list displays, and display both their assigned colonists and the originating colonist for a job (where appropriate)
    FIXED: if a colonist gets tired of waiting for confession/a drink/a barber they will correctly remove the job from the office (this fixes UI overflow and colonist paralysis)
    FIXED: "Do Foreign Paperwork" and "Do Science!" jobs are now evaluated using office standing orders, not social jobs
    TEST 47C: added more info to carpentry workshop UI (maybe will roll out to everything)
    TEST 47C: crops no longer spoil (due to workshift system)

Tikigod, Unforked and KillerKidClever like this.
  2. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

sweetness

3. berkstin

berkstin Member

Give me back my free work benches!!!!! :D

4. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

On happiness: Yeah gotta work on that hellish pleasure now.

This pretty much killed superhotbunking** and a bunch of other things (for one I can imagine having to overkill your food production just in case.... which is fine)

**You can still superhotbunk decently.

Whattttttt~~~~

Ok this is pretty great. Will have to look at the pub now. Well I was planning to anyways.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  5. Hey, I totally read the thing. And now I'm putting it on the forums. Gosh I hope this is the right place to say this. That one eyed Gypsy better not have swindled me.

6. Unforked

Unforked Member

So happy to see emotions coming back in to shake things up. It looks like we have ourselves a challenge! Curious how the others will work, especially fear.

7. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Minor bug: the completed Airship Mast turns invisible - I don't know if it's not actually there, or just not visible.

*edit* And at some point (possibly after an autosave, but definitely not after loading a save, because I didn't load anything), one of my stone ovens (but not both) also turned invisible.

*another edit* Invisible module workaround: go into the module menu, move your mouse around a bit, and the invisible stone oven returns. But not the airship mast.

*last edit* After playing a bit more, and placing other modules, the airship mast has come back, but one of the ovens is invisible again.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  8. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Indeed.

The one thing I've been most looking forward to for a looooong time.

9. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Does the workshift system apply directly to each individual colonist or is it based more off of the overseer of a workgroup?

Can happy overseers force unhappy workers in their crew to work, whilst unhappy overseers allow workers to skip work regardless to each individual workers happiness?

Or is it more isolated to each colonist where if they are happy or not controls when they decide to undertake work related activities and that's the end of it?

Edit: Fired up the build and noticed the announcement about what's changed in the latest experimental mentions it's a overseer driven system, where the overseer decides how long the crew works each day. So that answers that. :)

10. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Since in general, lower class are fine with cots and basic food while overseers are unhappy with them...

The difference workcrew/worker shift calculation methed is a pretty major thing to verify yeah, was going to test.

11. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

And yes to whoever wrote the window text and the button tooltip, people do indeed read it. :)

12. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Something funky going on with building a carpentry in a new colony.

[​IMG]

For some reason the 2nd bench, standing desk, and 4 windows are invisible and have no construction ghost, only showing their grid highlights in blueprint mode.

Once constructed they're fully visible.

[​IMG]

-----

Also holding RMB whilst dragging out a blueprint still breaks a few things and causes 1x1 placement instead.

Attached Files:

13. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Look at this animated .gif I made! Actual bug report with console files and things, here.

verminloop.gif

14. Nicholas

Oh good, I see the drop item/squish vermin loop is back. *sigh*

Does anybody know what the repro steps are for the invisible modules? I haven't been able to catch them in a debugger in the course of being turned invisible.

15. Nicholas

(Tiki, are you on an AMD card? I'm trying to remember.)

16. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Yep.

R9 270x.

Using driver version 16.1 atm.

17. Nicholas

Okay. Next question for the crowd: is anybody else having issues on *NVidia* hardware?

18. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

I'm expecting that the happiness system for work is going to need some balance in several areas, so please send me feedback! One thing that is definitely going in is a confirmation box when you select a new start time, as clicking new times repeatedly is currently quite punishing. ​

19. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

20. Nicholas

What am I looking at here, other than a perfect mineralogical trifecta?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.