Alpha 46A now in Experimental Branch

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Consolidated Changelog for Alpha 46A

Major changes:

• added Trade Depot & trader events
    • food has been reworked; characters now prefer food matching their class, many recipes are changed & new added. Certain foods function best as trade goods (ie. preserves, tinned food)
    • Foreign Office content for foreign nations added
    • added Vodka to the game
    Details:

• implemented first iteration of Trade Depot.
    • cultists now have purple names
    • balance: made foreign office wipe diplomacy points when player changes factions (for obvious reasons)
    • added the following new recipes: Farmers' Stew, Berry Medley, Sausages, Tinned Meat
    • Preserved/Tinned goods are now more expensive to create, but function as superior trade goods. Their recipes have been updated accordingly.
    • all Pickled Funguses have been collected into a single recipe
    • all Berry Preserves have been collected into a single recipe
    • all Pies have been collected into a single recipe (& Pies are now more expensive to create, as owing to their high quality tier.)
    • all food recipes have been given qualities and module requirements as appropriate for their quality.
    • higher class characters will now prefer higher quality food.
    • added glass bottles to the ceramics workshop (They are used to make preserves.)
    • balance: exhaustion chance for foragables has been significantly lowered to allow players to experiment with the new recipes.
    • all items in the game have been given trade values and "tradeable/not tradeable" flags (The primary use of this at the moment is to disallow the trading of perishable foods. Relative values of trade goods are subject to adjustment.)
    • added vodka
    • added trade events & foreign office trader 'missions' for all foreign nations
    • Foreign faction relations and hostile/neutral/friendly states are now controlled via Foreign Office
    • added UC window module
    • be warned: crop fields will be entirely cleared if you change the crop type you're growing!
    • fixed misaligned text in credits dialog
    • improved checkbox art
    • balance: mining at default position now outputs sand + clay
    • FIXED: cloth production was instant
    • FIXED: occult feelings test didn't properly test feelings in context of cults, leading to reduced cult activity
    • FIXED: paperwork scripterror (when workcrew is unassigned from office)
    • FIXED: an item is only added to the commodity list if it is owned by a player.
    • FIXED: various other commodity list/trade good/forbidding-and-claiming-item interactions
    • FIXED: buildings flickering from exterior to interior views when you move over a static prop when they are highlighted
    (also, a bunch of internal backend stuff we're not pushing yet)

2. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Oh that was a bug? lol, I noticed that but I assumed it was intentional :p

3. wargarurumon

wargarurumon Member

is the trade depot a seperate building? because i'm not finding it amongst the offices

4. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

It won't show up until you have all the materials; we forgot to check in an icon. Fixed for 47 or 46B or whatever.

5. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Yeah, it'll show up when you have 2 units of bricks.

6. Kamisma

Kamisma Member

And i was just going to go to sleep, damn you Kanadians and your communistic timezone !

7. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

I like the sound/music improvements, and the prettier UI. Good job :)

8. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

So....when I designate something as a trade good, does that mean all items of its type, or just what I selected? Then, is the trader supposed to do something with those goods, or is it supposed to appear in my trade window?

9. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

I had a trading convoy of Mecharepublicans at my colony. Then I leaked trade route info to the bandits. Then the bandits came to kill the Mecharepublique trading convoy (which was still in my colony). Then after they killed the convoy, they attacked me.

lol

Kamisma, PartTimeVillain and Unforked like this.
  10. Instant Karma. ;)

11. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

There was something with the booze production as well, I think it was Cicha and the Wooden Brewing Vat... not sure if it was related to the placement bug of the vat though.
    Edit: Yeah just got a Wooden Booze Vat down and producing using that is instant.

Ah that seems like it will be useful to take advantage of. Oh but if bandits are at friendly standings with you, they wouldn't fight your people huh... can you pick up the trade goods or do they disappear?

=============================

Speaking of trade, traders show up randomly (or you need foreign office working on a friendly faction) and what they bring is also random. Not sure how useful that is, but it isn't hard to set up the trader office either.

=============================

Thankfully moving modules about before they're built etc seems to be fixed :)

The trading building doesn't use bricks though?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  12. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Wait...I can't grow sugar in the New Atipode biome, so how do I make pie?

13. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Try making pie when you have wheat available. The"pie recipe" is several in one, just like "cook basic food" and wheat is the Antipodea equivalent of Sugarcane.

14. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

I have plenty of wheat but they don't make any pie. Oh well.

15. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

What are you using, earlier version had a pumpkin pie as "pumpkin + wheat". Not sure about the new recipies though.

This reminds me that we don't have a list of the different recipies that go into one of these "unified" ones.

Also, cook "basic food" is all good but why was bread not rolled into that as well?

16. dbaumgart

Logged as OC-4285, thanks for the report!

Dur. Thanks, logged as OC-4286.

Trade! (IIRC no one sells sugar just yet, however. We should fix that.)

17. mailersmate

mailersmate Member

hmm. Overseers assigned to a farm aren't being excluded from the list of available overseers anymore. Bug or feature?

(Also, tools are appearing in the commodity list now?)

18. dbaumgart

Known UX issue, logged as OC-4150.

Ahhhhh!

Logged as OC-4290!

Thx for the reports!

19. Just experienced an interesting bug I've not seen before. I had two 2-tile wide, 7-tile long stockpiles beside my kitchen to the front and to the side, sort of in the shape of an L. Well...what ended up happening was my kitchen workers, even though they were walking right over top of empty stockpile that was set to accept food literally right beside the door, they were walking all the way around to the oppposite end to put things down. So I decided to just demolish the second stockpile, at least for the time being. Problem was seemingly solved until I noticed I had a militia and a laborer picking up and putting down a head of cabbage over and over. They did this throughout the remainder of dusk and all through the night (this is the point at which I saved, so the following hadn't occurred yet when you open it). At morning, one of the kitchen staff just so happened to be at the right place at the right time and grabbed the head of cabbage right after the laborer put it down and went off to cook it. Problem solved with that one. For the militia, I ended up having to wait until just as he was standing back upright from putting it down, pause, and issue a rally command. He ran off to the command point, another colonist came by and picked it up and placed it with the rest of the cabbage. Yay! .....except 5 minutes later I notice another colonist picking up and putting down a head of cabbage. I have a feeling it was that exact same head of cabbage the militia had, but I can't be sure of it.

Attached Files:

20. Unforked

Unforked Member

Got this when trying to designate trade goods. After this happens, designating doesn't work for anything. It resets after loading the game and I get the same script error.

2016-01-13_00001.jpg

Attached Files: