ALPHA 46 Now in Stable Branch: "The Bureaucracy Must Go On"

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Yeah, a bunch of the things that are mentioned here are stuff that is known, even ticketed, and it simply didn't get done in time for 46. We will address it in the new year, based on the usual ordering system I use (a combination of "what % of the user base is this affecting?" and "what sort of mood am I in?" Not really a great metric but c'est la vie.)

The landmines exploding is hilarious. I hadn't even THOUGHT of that possibility.

2. Kiojan

Kiojan Member

Here are the files for a 39 day old, 58 pop. colony from a marathon gaming session last night. It's hands down the smoothest, sweetest, most successful colony I've ever run. The only limiter right now is a lack of sand. Not sure if it will be any use to you.

No console available I'm afraid; even zipped it's way too large.

colony58.jpg

Attached Files:

3. mrclint

mrclint Member

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I still think there is not enough overseers.
    In my latest game I have a population of over 90, and even my vicar and naturalist is full of workers and some of my workshop is shut down due to the overseer shortage. I even had trouble shopping down trees and stuff like that because every group were tied up somewhere else.

And, yeah, auto promotion on the NCO and militia. Of course my leader had to go in first and get killed. Suddenly there were question marks everywhere and I had no way of transferring them to another group without mixing the pool with other non-combatants.

Other than that and a few other bugs already mentioned - smooth as a Pina Colada.
    Hope we get a lovely merry xmas and happy new year picture in true Empire style!

4. Wolg

Wolg Member

I could be wrong about this, but it seems like lower class migrants who arrive injured never seek treatment?

5. LSky

LSky Member

This is what kept me from even trying to touch them in the last few months. It just ruins the map.

6. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Kitchen doesn't want to cook for some reason.

Attached Files:

7. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Mildred Larchgate's Company refuses to work any job I try to give them. Time for some frontier justice.

Attached Files:

8. Kiojan

Kiojan Member

Also, drinking a Sulfur Tonic reduced fear, anger and sadness, raised happiness but had no effect on sanity (the imbiber was at madness 5). Furthermore, the injury inflicted by the tonic all but counteracted its curative effects. Is this functioning as intended?

9. Played a little bit more tonight and had another landmine parachute onto one of my colonists... You might wanna double check the numbers for this happening when there's a colonist with the "doomed" trait. :)

10. razrien

razrien Member

The kitchen seems a little finicky right now.
    Like they'll make pumpkin and corn and 'stew' from the berries and fungus like usual, but wheat tends to just sit there until you tell them to make bread or booze out of it.

Beef and fishpeople food items are sort of a crapshoot. Sometimes they'll make them, sometimes I guess they can't find them to cook, even though you've got 20 of them in your inventory.
    (pathfinding issue I guess?)

Also, much to my dismay, beetle steaks are back off the menu.
    That little finished icon of grilled beetle has always looked pretty tasty. It made me look forward to the stampedes.

11. razrien

razrien Member

[​IMG] Mmmm... grill marks

12. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

I had to delete the kitchen and rebuild it.

13. Wolg

Wolg Member

I suspect our old friend "forest meat" is being counted in the stock list even when something other than a colonist killed the animal. I'm finding steaks cook just fine under basic food when they're the closest item that satisfies the input, but there were a lot of them hidden under the black mask and forbidden. They went straight into the kitchen once claimed...
    Further on this: it seems it's not necessary to assign work crews to farms at all. I had two farms in an otherwise busy settlement set to grow maize with a separate crew assigned to each, one more set to grow bamboo with no crew assigned, and a fourth set to grow flax, also with no crew assigned. Not only did all four farms get crews sent to them at sunrise, but one of the maize-assigned crews went to grow bamboo instead, while the other maize crew took the maize farm they weren't assigned to.

14. Ok, I'm back into the game after months of abstinence (lack of free time... -.-'), and everything is great! First colony was not too bad, lack of coal and other resuorces, but managable if not for the lack of overseers and waste of low class workers... [oh, it ended with a crash at +100 people XD over the 70 people the game starts being staggering...] There's something that bugs me quite a lot right now in the game: if now the variuos underground materials are concentrated in isolated spots, how can I have a steady supply of them without having one mine for each of them? Should I build a mine for a particularly rare resource (see SAND) and then rely on the surface node? Or should I build different mines and then assign a workcrew to the resource I need at the moment?
    Also, I have to report a strange kind of "bug" or "event" realated to bugs: after the tempted burial of some fishpeople I ended with a "Ring Around the Rosie" of vermins. The problem is that any clonists that happens to walk nearby get the "squish vermin" order and then it appears to get temporarily walking in place unable to choose which vermin to squish. And also other things happens... Will follow a long line of screenshots...

P.S. Also there are problems with the different modules placing: when you build a mid class house the carpets available to be places in the list are not the one produced in the textile workshop, or, at least, the ones built in the textile worshop won't be placed in most cases... while the one present in the textile worshop list of modules and decor will be inevitably placed.

P.P.S. the vermin problem resolved by itself, at least it seems so: last time I checked the graveyard was during a fishpeople raid in this zone, where exploded a landmine. However, I don't know for sure if it was the explosion that cleared the vermis, or the assault made someone get closer to the bugs or simply something else happened while I wasn't watching...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  15. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Did the game produce a DMP when it crashed? I can take a look once I'm back in Vancouver next week.

16. That's the only .dmp file I've got into my "Gaslamp Games" folder. I hope it's what you're looking for...

Attached Files:

17. I found an overseer who dislikes doing paperwork, stuck doing nothing but paperwork...

Edit: it seems that mines do not work in this gameplay (I didn't tested it in other sessions...). I don't know if it's because of cults&co. or because of the game...

Another strange thing: I was prevented to build a Public House for absence of brewing modules when I had already built a still and a mechanical vat. After placing a wooden vat into a barrack (only place left) I was finally able to build the Drunk House.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  18. ...and it all ended ina regreattable crash... -.-' just when I was building a chapel right next to a shrine...

Attached Files:

19. Kiojan

Kiojan Member

More minor glitches/observations:

Stained glass windows cannot be constructed. Workers bring the requisite x2 glass plates and x1 plank to the ceramics workbench, spend time building but do not produce a stained window module and consume the resources anyway.

Kitchens seem to continually produce booze if the work order is set to 'minimum' no matter what the 'minimum' is if there is a functional public house with a booze vat. Maybe all booze is instantly claimed by public house workers so the number available is always perceived as 0.

Scientists will occasionally study the same artifact over and over again (going insane each time) even though it's been tagged as 'something that should be hidden away and never studied again.' Granted, one definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, so maybe this behavior is appropriate!. The only way to stop this is to forbid the artifact in question.

Isolated mines still count as 'civilization.' Thus if a colonist is being chased by a hostile they will rally there if it is closer than your main colony. Unfortunately, since there are usually no soldiers nearby the colonist will just run around the building until they get killed. Not exactly a bug, but an emergent problem with the AI. Perhaps mines shouldn't count as civilization?

Also, not exactly a glitch, but colonists seem to recover from madness quite easily. Even after rising to level 5 insanity they'll return to normal after a few days if they aren't subjected to additional stress, even in the absence of alcohol and medicine. Maximum madness should be more difficult to recover from, usually requiring intervention of some kind, and more dangerous to the well-being of the colonist and colony!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  20. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Not sure if you noticed, but as the barracks ignores the usual building quality (maybe because no one works there?) it seems you would be able to cram it full of cots.4

Either that, or it is affected by quality but this isn't shown. Either way, it presumably should be affected by quality and show it.