ALPHA 46 Now in Stable Branch: "The Bureaucracy Must Go On"

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

https://www.gaslampgames.com/2015/1...december-update-the-bureaucracy-must-go-on-2/

Major bullet points:

- bureaucracy
    - fire
    - modules are now built in workshops
    - fire
    - faster things

The main change from 45C, other than the usual handful of minor bugfixes, is:

Small icons will now hover above modules indicating when a required commodity for completing the module construction (i.e. a flatpack, or logs, or whatever) is missing.

2016 IS COMING. PREPARE YOURSELVES.

2. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

The Wall Shrine module is is still bugged: queue up a wall shrine at the Carpentry, and workers will go grab planks, work at the workbench, and consume the wood, but no module is made, and the number of shrines in the job queue decrements.

*edit* Same issue with the Barbershop Pole.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  3. advkow

advkow Member

Wait what happens in 2016? What...what??? What is it?!?!?!

4. Unforked

Unforked Member

Everything happens. Everything!

So far we know the trading post and the beginning of dynamics (conduits?) are slated for the start of the year. Beyond that, the Cog's the limit.

5. Nicholas

I think we'll hotfix these.

6. Unforked

Unforked Member

Apparently old 45c saves are compatible with 46. Neat.

7. Nicholas

Hotfixed!

Samut and berkstin like this.
  8. I'm crashing every time I attempt to start a game (as in new game -> biome -> Set Sail). Anybody else? I WANT TO BUREAUCRAT THINGS!

(i7 3612QM, 8GB RAM, Radeon HD 7670M 4GB, glass of whisky)

9. Damn it. I spent all day watching Star Wars and now I have to go to work in 15 minutes and then sleep afterward, so by the time I get to play this all the fun bugs will already have been found.

10. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Can you upload a .dmp file? Should find them in documents/gaslamp games/clockwork empires/

11. Take them all good sir!

Attached Files:

12. Wolg

Wolg Member

Quick notes:
    • Could we perhaps evict workers from naturalist crews, or allow them to do productive work suitable to the role? They appear to be useless at this time, just Wander Near Overseer.
    • Farm plots don't seem to validate that the crew attempting to work them is the one that was assigned. The default work schedules make this manifest at sunrise, when any crew not assigned to a workshop seems able to pick up the crop tending jobs. As the actual assigned crew defaults to disabling all other filters, they just stand around looking lazy... (Reported this before but it didn't get an OC-# that I saw.)

13. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

BUG: When cancelling a building blueprint that has unconstructed modules in it, the ingredients indicators do not disappear.

14. Kiojan

Kiojan Member

Should fishperson raider parties show up unprovoked? I pursued a policy of friendship with the fishpeople and did nothing to them apart from a single intimidation (which ended in them fleeing) yet on day 6 I was hit with a 5 fishperson raid that decimated my burgeoning military. Bad luck?

15. My colonists seem to be double-producing a lot of modules. I keep ending up with two of things I only ordered one of. Also, they don't seem to be hanging up small clotheslines. I've got several of them in various buildings and several made but none have been hung.

16. Nicholas

That's interesting. I wonder if the issue is that you have your workshop set up in such a way that it can create two boxed cots (say), but you only order one and the second guy picks up another boxed cot job because he doesn't know better. I'll take a look.

Not sure about the small clotheslines; I thought we fixed this in the hotfix on Friday but I was busy running around doing other things, so.. hmm.

17. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

Confirmed small clothes line issue for me too. Also the large one.
    Gabbions also won't be built at all. ever. deleting them from the job list will result in the unbuilt ones being perma-stuck in the unbuilt state as far as I can tell. Also, regular bookshelves take gold and glass to make?
    And deleting an unbuilt building with placed modules leaves the new markers behind.
    Its worth mentioning that I deleted the building right after placing it because it was invisible. I think I may have lost the config & saves for this one sorry.
    2015-12-19_00001.jpg

TattooOfHerName likes this.
  18. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

I talked about this issue in this post:

19. Drumhead

Drumhead Member

As an aside, I realize that you guys have a million tasks to do currently, but it would be really nice if we could get promotion back for military units. Currently when you loose your squad commander to a bandit attack everyone in the squad becomes a civilian and flees. Having the next one in line get promoted would be SO MUCH BETTER. Maybe they drop down one level of military skill too so all those training drills and squad experience don't just disappear.

TattooOfHerName likes this.
  20. I took my first look at the game since early November and I really like the boxed module system. It seems like a great way to gate your progress and keep you from trying to build things that you don't have all the materials for yet. I, too, saw the issue where I had duplicate modules being created and I'm gonna guess it has to do with my workshop having more than one worker assigned to it and them not knowing any better about the job already being done.

I was also unlucky enough to see some fire as I agreed to accept illicit goods which turned out to be live landmines dropped from the sky onto the heads of some of my colonists...