ALPHA 45B NOW IN EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Changes:
    • Foreign Office faction standing for the Empire and for the local Bandits now hooked up to current faction standing (though not attached to a graphic yet)
    • - bandits now hooked up to foreign office! you'll have to choose who to run missions for
    • - missions now hooked to custom event scripts!
    • - (more UI work to be done differentiating diplomacy points from faction standing, as well as disabling faction options if they aren't in the area)
    • - more Fun yet to be implemented if you are very loved or very hated by a given faction
    • - need to move Fishpeople to a better place, UI speaking and figuratively speaking.
    • added Bandit events: bombing run, propaganda drop, insult drop, false info, bandit guard town (and overhauled others to play nice in new system)
    • Mines will display their outputs & mine depth in their UI window (and not crash the game)
    • added progress bar to mining in mineshaft job
    • removed a lot of unnecessary ticker text
    • removed debug events
    • added all decor to the boxed module system
    • FIXED: Naturalist examination of rocks could result in spawning of infinite eldritch artifacts
    • FIXED: error when selecting dialog button in Naturalist studies fishperson/obeliskian
    • FIXED 45A: error when using "Daring" loadout
    • FIXED 45A: Sausage / inedible basic_food error
    • FIXED 45A: some existing boxed module bugs
    • FIXED 45A: Added/fixed a number of icons (generally to do w/ boxed module system)
    • FIXED 45A: assigning a Chemist would crash the game

2. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Farm window still borked, and temperature biome farms still displaying coconuts and Bamboo as options. :(

[​IMG]

3. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

There appears to be something wrong with the Spice Rack. You can queue the decor item up for assembly in the Carpentry Workshop, and if you queue up multiple racks, the interface will indicate that the number constructed increases until the order is 'complete' - but no workers are actually making them, and none actually appear in the stockpile (or anywhere for that matter).

4. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

I've fixed the scrollbar issue for the next stable release.

Tikigod likes this.
  5. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Logged as OC-4238 "the spice must flow". Thanks for the report!

6. Unforked

Unforked Member

Ack! Can't play for awhile. I really want to test out the bandit diplomacy, especially the insult drop and bombing run missions!

Just curious, is this the last content release? Any chance of the trade depot or fire this month?

7. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Awesome.

Does that mean coconut/bamboo being crops for the temperate region is a intended change that crept in during 45A then? Or just related to something else that will eventually get sorted when the other work tied to it is done?

8. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

Someone else is working on what's actually going on in the yellowstone biome, but bamboo (or some other farmable timber) is intended. Not sure about the coconuts!

9. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Ohhh interesting, farmable timber for the temperate (yellowstone?) biome is certainly a nice move.

Will help create more appropriate stockpile behaviour from my colonists in that biome if I can set the log farms right next to the desired stockpile, rather than having to just have it hauled to whichever stockpile was closest to the wild trees.

10. dbaumgart

(Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't bamboo growable in both biomes all along?)

11. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

It was. It was the only crop that produced wood.

12. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Can't recall seeing it in temperate, but it's certainly possible that it has been there and I've just completely glanced over it and not taken it in every time.

Certainly has always been a option in the Jungle/Tropical biome though.

Edit: Yep, it's available in Revision 45 stable as well. Guess my brain must have some kind of bamboo-filter that assumed because bamboo isn't generally present in a lot of temperate climates (at least it's not present in pretty much any part of Europe) to not notice something I didn't expect to be there. :p

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  13. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

script error when I unassigned a foreign office overseer. That overseer then got stuck "doing diplomacy". I had to reassign her to the foreign office, wait for "do diplomacy" to go away, then she went off to do something else.

Attached Files:

14. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

BUG: Making barbershop pole modules doesn't work.

15. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

I've been able make barber poles, but I was unable to make spice racks (which is apparently being looked at).

16. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Really? My carpenter takes one plank to his bench, then takes a second plank, then goes back to the stockpile and drops it off, and the barber pole job finishes with no pole made.

17. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Exactly. :)

Yes Bamboo can grow in said climates, but it was pretty much non-existent naturally in the entirety of Europe, and it wasn't until it was brought over from places like Asia and cultivated by humans that it had any kind of presence here.

But up until a few hundred years ago when it was introduced to Europe via trade, bamboo just wasn't something really found naturally around these parts. ;)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  18. dbaumgart

Weird! Okay, basically: when you unassign a workcrew from the foreign office while they're performing the Do Diplomacy job, it does some weird business (and doesn't actually abort, from the looks of it).

Also found that lower class Labourers weren't doing paperwork. Both logged into OC-4239.

19. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Oh so they're supposed to do that? As in, if I have labourers assigned to help the overseer, as well as extra desks for them, I'll accumulate points faster?

20. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

KillerKidClever and dbaumgart like this.