ALPHA 44A NOW IN EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Samut

Samut Member

Just looked over the curses in jobs.xml and corresponding FSMs - cool stuff!

I'm curious why cult membership or any other sort of preparations isn't needed - is this just to test out the curses before throttling them back?

Perhaps you could steal from the old Call of Cthulhu RPG and have individual spells be researchable and learnable, so people who aren't nuts for beetles can use beetle curses etc.

The best part of the new stuff is the entry dealing with other citizens witnessing these acts. That opens up all kinds of possibilities.

2. Samut

Samut Member

Yeah, I forgot about bamboo, but there still shouldn't be references to timber until/unless the game has some help screens that explain this stuff.

Maybe the error message could be something like heading="No Building Materials Nearby" description="There are no logs or bamboo close enough to where you are trying to build a Gabion."

3. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

(Well, it's not super brilliant in that it doesn't actually locate the witness then push a memory to them and use them as a part of the event. But will see how everything fits together before digging deeper there -- busy cooking up another random creepy thing or two for 44B.)

4. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

See, now when I saw it mentioned in the patch notes I instantly imagined that Evil Dead scene....

And I wouldn't wish that on any of my colonists.

Unforked likes this.
  5. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Updated my drivers after concluding my Vermintide problems are to do with the game itself.

With latest Catalyst beta drivers the glow and blur effects are gone and blueprints are now sharper, but still no outlines.

[​IMG]

6. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

7. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Seems my colony is the home of Aquaman.

[​IMG]

8. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Is it my imagination or did Wheat get nerfed the living crap out of to the point of it being a utterly useless crop to ever bother with?

I mostly start with Pumpkins then either branch off into wheat or cabbage later depending on how things sit in terms of overseer numbers and their skill training. But in this latest 44a game I set up 2 wheat fields alongside 3 pumpkin and a cabbage and the wheat crop only seem to give 2 wheat flour per crop.

Which for the time required to grow them, is utterly pointless as a crop option.

In 44 I seem to recall it was more like at least 3 or 4 wheat flour per crop? But in 44a I've sat there and looked at colony commodities listings and definitely confirmed colonists harvesting wheat crop would only add 2 wheat flour to my stocks.

Is this another one of those rather significant changes that for whatever reason are cut out of changelogs presumably to just see how people will react to the change if you don't tell them, that now contributes to making the problem of colonists eating raw food before it ever reaches the kitchen a even bigger of a inescapable black hole of shite??

Or am I going crazy and wheat has only ever given 2 wheat flour per crop and I just imagined all my pre-44A colonies giving 40+ wheat flour per field, that built to the same size now struggle to give me 30 units?

9. Bluebird

Bluebird Member

Gave up on wheat ages ago - never seemed reliable. All my fields are maize as it can also double duty for alcohol.

10. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

Wheat is still giving 3 per harvest on my end, and as far as I know has not been touched in quite a while! If this is still an issue in 44B, er... let me know I guess!