ALPHA 43E NOW IN EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Alpha 43E is now in the Steam Experimental branch.

The main change is that we rewrote the stockpile handling code. In the old codebase, we searched by stockpile, and it might end up happening that a far away good would end up in the closest stockpile to the colonist, causing colonists to put things in odd stockpiles. In the new system, we consider the closest good in each filter category to the colonist, and perform a breadth-first search versus all stockpiles looking for the hauling routine that minimizes total walking distance for the colonist (i.e. "distance from colonist to good" and then "distance from good to stockpile.") This means that, for instance, if you put a stockpile next to a pile of far away resources, and a stockpile in your home base, colonists will attempt to fill the far away stockpile with the far away resources before trying to lug them all home.

Other changes:

FIXED 43C: farm jobs could sometimes get ignored by the work crew working them if you have a lot of idle work crews
    FIXED: apparently, require_gameobject never actually did a reachability test to see if we could reach the object.
    FIXED: farms now disable/enable filters as crews are assigned to, or unassigned from, them
    Various church, fishpeople fixes.

KillerKidClever and Rentahamster like this.
  2. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

I have seen Dev Tools! Forbidden tools man was not meant to know!

shot050.jpg

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
    Samut and Unforked like this.
  3. Nicholas

I'm removing those shortly. Never release a patch, even an experimental one, on Election Night...

4. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Nuuu my army of rampaging fishpeople VS Bandits!

5. Nicholas

(they are removed now.)

6. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

So less Bandit weirdness? Or unrelated to the somewhat recent bandits weirdness?

7. I envision roving bands of repair fishpeople occasionally coming and fixing many varieties of churches. :p

razrien and Hallucigenia like this.
  8. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Just to let you know this behaviour is somewhat weird.

Starting a new colony I assigned my 2nd workcrew to a field whilst the game was paused nothing seems to happen with assignments.

So I unpaused and waited and nothing showed as changed in the UI. I assigned my 1st workcrew to the field with the game unpaused and their assignments changed.

I then assigned it back to the 2nd workcrew and their assignments didn't show as being changed.

Switched to the 3rd workcrew and nothing showed as changed for 5 seconds or so and then it updated the buttons.

Assigned the 2nd workcrew back again and waited and their icons never changed. After clicking on one of the role assignments to start disabling them manually the one I clicked showed as enabled and all the rest updated to show themselves disabled.

So it seems that's some kind of bug in certain situations that is stopping the workcrew window from updating the buttons to show that the actual states are changing when you assign a workcrew to a farm.

9. Mokkun

Mokkun Member

Played a colony for a while, still had some food problems, but survived(-ish) that. Played until after invasion that I survived, then game crashed. Nice and stable until crash. And no script error messages. ;)

Attached Files: