ALPHA 43B NOW IN EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Changelog for Alpha 43B

performed more cleanup of character information panel layout & implemented some new UI art
    added "Basic Brew" recipe to breweries (will auto-brew valid ingredients)
    added some more names
    added more response options to Fishperson Vandalism event
    fishpeople made much more likely to run when hassled by military, though there's a chance they will become enraged & attack
    added Fishpeople egg collection mission & event
    if Fishpeople see humans near their eggs, they will attempt to scare them away
    colonist choosing to commit murder decision making made more sophisticated
    added Egg Collection mission for Fishpeople
    added an alert the first time someone sleeps on the ground to inform you that you should build beds
    implemented "short term memory" functionality: most recent memory will always contribute to emotional state even if less important than others
    workshop recipes can now be grayed out or hidden based on whether required modules are present in the workshop. Tooltip changes to reflect what is needed. (roll-out to other workshops in-progress)
    made fishperson crisis events slightly more willing to pile up (to avoid lost crisis events)
    night has been made lighter (so you can actually see anything)
    bandit corpse policy event can have "no answer" selected & will fire no more than once per day
    colonist corpses should no longer try to initiate burial job there are still hostiles nearby (note: if hostiles leave and come back, you've still got a problem)
    overriding auto-burial of a corpse with manual controls will make corpse will only respond to manual orders for burial/dumping from that point forward
    balance: performed significant rebalance to the values of most of the memories in the game
    balance: made small tweaks to how long it takes to cook things
    balance: changed one overseer to a labourer in all loadouts
    balance: farming made very slightly easier
    FIXED: some memory related bugs
    FIXED: people will stop trying to find closer crops to haul to stockpiles once they check their first stockpile
    FIXED: selections in the quick menu sometimes not appearing after click-drag
    FIXED: characters with renamed names using old names in some events (other bits of game logic)
    FIXED: enormously wide tooltips for workshop names
    FIXED: draw building shadow when mousing over it during the construction mode
    FIXED: dark and red portraits for characters (gamma correction)
    FIXED: people trying to shoo vermin beetles (again)
    FIXED: errors in a number of memories that caused them to display the wrong character name
    FIXED: performed overhaul of handling of all jobs that affect the corpses of all types of characters (burial, dumping, butchery, dissection, etc)
    FIXED: some desires were unfulfillable & used incorrect icons
    FIXED: corrected scripterrors in certain cases for Naturalist dissection of horror events
    FIXED: items dropped by non-colonist agents as part of mission should properly set ownership to player if dropped near your colony
    FIXED: dead and/or fleeing colonists can no longer raise objections to your policies concerning Fishpeople
    FIXED: soldiers should no longer hassle fishpeople who are already fleeing
    FIXED (43A): bread not being able to be baked
    FIXED (43A): crash when accepting bandit into colony

2. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Sweet. Hmm, go out for a jog, or test some farming..? lol

3. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Killing an auroch made him feel bad, apparently.

Attached Files:

Daniel likes this.
  4. Nicholas

Hmm, I enjoy how the Auroch is numbered.

5. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

I am not a number!

I am a free Ox!

mailersmate and Daniel like this.
  6. BillyBabel

BillyBabel Member

I still can't seem to get a cult to form. Found an artifact, everyone is hungry enough to eat human flesh and no brewery or church but still not a single cultist.

7. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

One of my stuck dudes got magically unstuck. It seems to be working better now. I didn't build a chapel yet, however, so we shall see about that later.

8. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Script error

Attached Files:

9. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

[​IMG]

This went on for quite a while.

10. BillyBabel

BillyBabel Member

I had someone stuck between dropping tool and picking up tool for quite a while as well. She didn't stop until it was time to sleep. I was quite irate because she was heading up the prisoner labor force I ordered and they were milling around her not doing anything while she kept picking up things and putting them back down.

11. Maybe we can incorporate this into the game itself (i.e. deliberately have it as a job), if it has not been implemented yet. For example, have a small percentage of the population develop obsessive compulsive disorder (manifested by extreme repetitive behaviors, etc.) when their level of anxiety/fear reaches a certain level. Per nimh.hih.gov, "People with OCD may try to help themselves by avoiding situations that trigger their obsessions, or they may use alcohol or drugs to calm themselves.", so the colonist can attempt to avoid the trigger, drink alcohol, and/or take laudanum to prevent it from happening again. This adds a touch of realism to the simulation.

Cthulhu_Awaits likes this.
  12. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Another script error

Attached Files:

13. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

I like how your pipes align to make a industrial sized cigarette.

14. Wolg

Wolg Member

I like the goal of this, but I don't like the current implementation. I set a workshop's floor plan, set its modules, wait for the walls to go up, then on getting the construction notification set all its standing orders. That way when the colonists are done building it I don't need to watch the ticker for the specific module I need, or go back and inspect it later to what should be produced. I can't do this now, as the game forces me to wait until at least one module instance is ready.

Perhaps some other visual cue on the button (a red tint, or an X in the bottom left corner?), then a visual effect on the queued order that when hovered explains which prerequisite is missing?

15. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

This feature in general is more aimed at new players than people who have a routine, and we knew it would get in the way of that, so we'll be looking at ways to make it less of a hassle for you. (Additionally, we get to put in more complicated recipes now! Woo!)

16. Unforked

Unforked Member

Yeah, I had one fishy colonist attempt to form one after first meeting a fish person, but she was rebuffed, and her madness levels dropped so fast that she never attempted it again.

I *think* a madness/cult balance is still in progress though, so hopefully it gets worked out soon. I really miss cults.

17. Daniel

Daniel CEO Staff Member

Totally. There were a few steps missing that we're filling in. We wanted to give cults teeth, but if we do that we first need a way to see them coming, and then to deal with them. Seeing them coming = char panel improvements. Dealing with them = office rewrites.

Unforked likes this.
  18. Nicholas

I'll take a save game where people are going into a bad stockpile loop if you have one, Rentahamster. (Also, people being stuck.)

19. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Fixed for next version! This happens when fishpeople intimidate humans.
    Logged as OC-4063 ; triggered by fishperson item drop in certain circumstances which we'll track down real quick here ...
    Fixing in progress, logged as OC-4062. Edit: fixed.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  20. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

When will we get to enjoy the wondrous joy of cult juice? :)

Daniel likes this.