ALPHA 42D NOW ON STEAM EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Sep 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Is anyone else noticing colonists mental state seems significantly more fragile since 42d?

I've had two fresh starts poking how emotional states reaction to memories differs between unique colonists, and both sessions upon the first encounter with fishpeople I've had at least 2 colonists instantly go from '1' on the madness scale to full blown '6' babbling crazy on me the minute they see a fishperson.

2. Wolg

Wolg Member

Did they have the Fishy trait? That's the usual reason I've seen for people losing it just because a Fish walked by...

3. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

At least one did, though only noticed they had the trait AFTER they saw their first fishperson. Others received the 'encountered fishperson for first time and found them fascinating' memory which seemed to be the only trigger for the massive leap in madness that seems to occur much more frequently since 42d.

Oh and one of the colonists had a desire to find out if fishpeople tasted like fish (before the existence of fishpeople was even known about)... so that person at least was always a bit weird. :)

I notice in the update notes for 42d it mentions madness and related behaviours are currently being rebalanced and that it's still a WIP effort, but at the moment it definitely seems to be in the realms of just seeing a fishperson is enough to cause some colonists to completely lose all grasp on reality.

Which is a change I like personally, but it is rather a extreme stance to take and may not be to everyone's liking.

I'd be happy to see such a escalation be reflective of the normal way colonists react to fishpeople and other more darker beings that may be introduced later, but it is quite the significant leap. Which leads one to wonder what happened in-between to bring one state of affairs to the current state of affairs as presumably at some point in development of the changes there was a point where it went from not being such a severe reaction to then becoming a severe reaction... which leads to wondering what discussions occurred to bring us to the current situation*.

If this is a indication on what to expect from colonists, I'm all for it. Knowing if the severity of it is intentional however will help control reactions to it before I get my hopes too high and start preparing my cog shrine to Lovecraft. :)

* Cookie to the first person who gets the indirect reference

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  4. Alianin

Alianin Member

Right click the game in your steam library and go to Properties. Click on the Betas tab. In the drop down select experimental. You'll then start receiving the experimental builds.

5. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

huh?

6. Alianin

Alianin Member

Someone asked how to get the experimental updates on Steam, but it looks like they deleted their post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.