ALPHA 42C NOW ON STEAM EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Samut

Samut Member

It would be nice if priority was given to stockpiles that are closer to buildings and/or modules that have a demand for a particular item. That is, if there are two stockpiles, colonists should be more inclined to put cookable food on the stockpile near a kitchen than a stockpile far away from a kitchen.

Also, at some point it would be great if large stacks of items were represented with a larger image of some kind. It's weird that looking at a log doesn't give any hint if it's one log or eighty.

2. Finndibaenn

Finndibaenn Member

significant slowdown with stockpiles.

It seems like stockpiles have a very strong impact on performance : i can see significant pauses whenever a villager moves.
    Discarding existing stockpiles restores "normal" speed, and villagers resume moving continuously , without hiccups

I'm attaching a save where this is visible.

Attached Files:

3. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Yep, when I delete all my stockpiles, the slowdown stops.

4. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Agh, I was worried about that. Alright, investigating.

5. Alianin

Alianin Member

I was watching the commodities window and my kitchen produced a crate of lingonberry preserves, but the commodities window said there were 2 as well as 2 crates of saskatoonbery preserves. When someone ate one of the lingbonberry preserves, the count in the commodities window decreased by 2 along with 2 saskatoonbery preserves.

6. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

This is fixed for 42D!

Lord Brassbucket and Alianin like this.
  7. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

This configuration of stockpiles gives me no slowdown:

One max size stockpile, food only

One max size stockpile, everything enabled except guns and other

One half size stockpile, only guns and other enabled.

8. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Not anymore. It eventually got slow again. Problem went away when I demolished the stockpiles again.

I put one stockpile (food only) back, but it still was only a matter of time before it slowed down again. But maybe that was because I grew my colony to 115 :p

9. Tbolivar

Tbolivar Member

Hello Hicholas, I am here to send a message for you. I find a lot of bugs in this game (Alpha 42C). Now I can show one of them. First bug: Roof- BIG ROOF. Second: sometimes people just walk in situ.. this is only 2 bug but I know more.. just type on english it's hard for me, for now this little message for you. Fix it if it's possible.

Autosave 0 - bug with the roof.
    CE-023.zip - bug with walk.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  10. Tbolivar

Tbolivar Member

And.. something is wrong with my map I can't fix it Reinstal game, update graphic drivers and instal new Windows, but it's still doesn't work

Attached Files:

11. Tbolivar

Tbolivar Member

Oh god.. and this Crash..
    and people can not normally be attributed to the storage resources .. have to wait very long until they do, it passes through five or even ten days, but the resources have not come to the warehouse at the place there is more than enough .

Attached Files:

12. Tbolivar

Tbolivar Member

as a scientist in the discovery of a strange object studies but nothing happens, with studies he is not one but several objects and nothing happens .. Continue. The bandits who attack my colony can easily shoot through the already-built house, if it does not exist at all. People can die of hunger, even if the food has long been there, they still need food, but they may not notice the fact that already there is right before your eyes. Also, for unknown reasons, the type icons (cut down the forest) or (collect) weigh just above the place where I pointed to commit such acts, they are there
    for a while of
    the game, and no matter whether or not I reconnect everything remains in place. This is all very sad cuz i spend 10 or 15 hours in 1 game it's a 86 ppl and 36 day.. i don't wanna start new game :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

13. Tbolivar

Tbolivar Member

And here again.. roof

Attached Files:

14. Tbolivar

Tbolivar Member

I find this Fish-Idol and more then 1 but this doesn't happended with scientist: . So this "Transformation" doesn't work too or maybe am I alone have all this problems ?

15. Unforked

Unforked Member

I must have studied at least two-dozen fishy idols since that update, with several different variables including high madness levels, fishy traits, cult membership... etc. I've gotten "bad" results that cause more madness, but never a transformation.

I'm pretty sure that feature isn't in anymore, isn't working properly, or has some very obscure prerequisite to achieve.

Samut and Tbolivar like this.
  16. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

It's ... complex. And a bunch of systems that took part in it were refactored, which left some loose ends. I'm cleaning it up this month.

Unforked likes this.
  17. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Stockpile slowdown hopefully addressed.

Lord Brassbucket likes this.
  18. Finndibaenn

Finndibaenn Member

Nicholas, Great, Thanks :)
    And keep up the good work !

19. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

For this one at least, be double sure you're clicking the highlighted grid squares that represent where the object is located within the project grid rather than the object itself.

Does seem that it's the the grid squares that grab the click event, not the physical object. So in cluttered situations when you click on a object there's a good chance the grid squares beyond the physical object grab the event, so you need to make sure you're clicking right on the lighter blue grid squares for the object.

Not exactly a bug/glitch but would really like to see behaviour for multiple colonists to claim interaction with a container at the same time so colonists can properly stack items in stockpiles rather than creating redundant jobs to consolidate things immediately after.

At the moment the sheer volume of inefficiency in colonist behaviour in that regard is throwing off larger colonies significantly and it does actually have an noticeable adverse affect in everything else when the act of

"Take item 1 to stockpile A. Drop. Realise Container B is now unclaimed. Pick up item 1 again, haul it to Container B wherever it may be. In doing so lock out the container from colonists 3 through to 10, ensuring they repeat this entire process sequentially with items 2 through to 9 after you're done."

... is happening with almost every other hauling job.

It's kind of hard to see how any real sense of how everything balances can be felt when so much additional colonist locking up with spam tasks is going on to contaminate the whole thing.

Outside of that, quite happy with the behaviour as it is. No major annoyances or problems that aren't purely cosmetic in nature (like the vanishing containers that still exist but can't be seen).

20. HGGM

HGGM Member

Just returned to play this build after a break, and I like the stockpile changes. I don't know if this is a known issue, however, in the savegame I posted in the bug thread I also noticed that bricks only stack to 2. So, I ended up having an entire stockpile full of piles of 2 bricks. I stopped making bricks and used them up to get rid of the pile, but upon starting again, I saw the same behavior.