ALPHA 42A NOW IN EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Here are the files from a long-ish session. The same game as my post earlier in the thread (and most of the same files as my bug report in the bug subforum). The picture below is my Site A, but the colony has a Site B and Site C as well.

shot021.jpg

General observations:

• as noted by someone else, queueing up a ton of generic stew seems to make the cooking pipeline run much more smoothly than a variety of cooked food products (e.g. 10 maize chowder, 5 coconut curry, 2 beetle steak, etc.)
    • my colony is constantly on the edge of starvation, even with the maximum number of plants I can maintain without spoilage - 90ish maize plants are not quite enough to feed 70 colonists
    • when you have workshops and stockpiles that are spaced far apart, things are sometimes delivered very far away for no appreciable reason - an example is the flax that's grown in the middle of town, but is often delivered to the the most distant Site C stockpile
    • I'm still seeing the same bandit pillage script error that first appear in version 42
    • this colony has Barracks at each of Sites A, B, and C - despite this, my soldiers don't hang around their respective quarters, and instead tend to clump up in a big red mob
    • a couple of bandits defected from their gangs to join the colony, but were quickly killed by their former gang-mates. These deaths created burial jobs that nobody ever attempts (which is fine, because they're deep in hostile territory)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  2. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Got a weird one where the bandits are continuously hacking at something. I dunno what it is.

[​IMG]

EDIT: When I went to investigate it seemed like they were hacking away at a skeleton of a foreign trooper

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    Tikigod likes this.
  3. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Something's causing burial duties to endlessly cycle between people as if it's constantly assigning the job to someone and then cancelling it. It might be if the burial duty job is assigned to an inaccessible corpse or something. For example, if it already decomposed before you could build more graveyard space.

4. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

5. Mokkun

Mokkun Member

Ouch. Should have checked the new food system, that turned bad when I ran out of pickled mushrooms... did not spot at once that pickling and jams now only give 1 resulting item, and meats only 2...

Had 1 script error.
    Clockwork empires script error 42a.png

And a standing dressed skeleton next to a bed. its information said it was sleaping..
    Clockwork empires standing skeleton 42a.png

Stable no crashes, but after food issues, cannibalism and enemy soldiers, I got kind of stuck.. whit two work-crews, barley able to feed themselves.
    Are the console files still wanted for checking out game-flow? well attaching it anyways. ;)

Attached Files:

dbaumgart likes this.
  6. Unforked

Unforked Member

I'm not sure Obeliskian dissection is working. I took down a "Big Boss" Oby, highlighted it and used the "Dissect Obeliskian" option, but my naturalist had no interest for a couple of days despite having no other jobs.

7. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Fixed for 42B.

Oh man, this was caused by a fishperson attempting to gossip with some longpork. That's an amazing error. ... almost want to keep some form of it as a feature. Fixed for 42B.

This is horrifying and amazing and we need to turn it into a feature as well. Logged OC-3890 to make sure the sleeping state properly aborts after death (which I suspect is the cause here).

Samut likes this.
  8. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

As a clarification of the gif I posted of the hovering person over the graveyard, that happened when a colonist was carrying a dead person to the graveyard, then got murdered by bandits. The corpse he was carrying stayed floating.

9. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

If this alone isn't reason to buy this game, I don't know what is.

10. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

The only thing that could top that would be if it was caused by a fishperson attempting to hug some longpork.

Or perhaps dance with it. But I don't think partner dancing is in the game.... yet.

11. Samut

Samut Member

Fishpeople trying to talk to chunks of dead humans is a winner. Even better if they can get into arguments, and triple victory forever if they can lose and stalk off angry but embarrassed.

Pennamechris, dbaumgart and Beezing like this.