Alchemy crafting

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by gerard14, Oct 2, 2012.

1. gerard14

gerard14 Member

In my opinion alchemy crafting is 5x worse than the tinkering or smithing ( Im talking about the small amount of recipes generally) so I suggest that It need to get buffed really

2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

What are you proposing, then?

I mean, what recipes do you see as fitting to add and how would they look?

3. Noxor

Noxor Member

The recipes aren't the power of Alchemy. It's the encrusting for fire/poison resistence (Alchemy LVL 2&3) and the service packs for rings/amulets (Alchemy LVL6). Potions of healing and invisibility are a surviving option, because you stay invisible while drinking healing potions.

I think alchemy is one of the best skills for GRPD. You will survive noxious gases, fiery rune traps and your own fire/poison easily. In addition with alchemy LVL4 you are able to create potions of brimstone and it's better to use the diggle eggs for destruction than for deep omelet high cholesterol nutrition. With A-LVL 5 (or 6) you even receive 3 potions of brimstone.

Bohandas and Kazeto like this.
  4. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

inb4 Fax.

Ontopic: One of the advantages of Alchemy is that having more than one potion is usually more useful than having more than one chest piece. You can smith a piece of armor, then find a random artifact one that's better, and you're left with something to sell to brax. If you alchemize a couple potions and find another, awesome, more to drink!

With Perception and Rogue Scientist giving sources of potions though, it might be time to add some more Staves to the Alchemy list or something. What about encrusts? Dredmorpedia still doesn't list them :( Edit: Well Noxor listed some. Are there more? Should there be more?

Bohandas and Kazeto like this.
  5. Frelus

Frelus Member

As said, healing and invisibility are very useful.
    So are mana potions for mages, and some staffs that can be crafted, too.

6. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Exactly!

7. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

I think it would be nice to have a few more bolts and throwing items, but otherwise Alchemy is really powerful. It does lack some of the focused power of say, lots of AA in Smithing, or traps in Tinkering, but it gives you a little bit of everything.

8. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

If any type of crafting is underpowered it's wands.

9. Noxor

Noxor Member

Wands should give you +1 aetheral damage / lvl instead of +1/lvl4, +2/lvl5 and +3/lvl6. Wand Lore is unbalanced and the encrusts don't enhance the surviving abilities. Wands are useless after DLV7-9 due to high resistence of monsters (GRPD).Magic resistence is useless against strong elemental attacks. It's a failure to level wand lore in the early game and it's too weak in the late game.
    Crafting the bomb is funny and a stack of bombs is a challenge, but a single bolt of squish is just better.

Wand Lore needs a revision.