After the Win (DoD based Everway-on-forum rpg signup surround!)

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Essence, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Oh....right. :D Nevermind, I guess it's my turn! :p

2. Essence

Three replies this time...Fax? Kazeto? Daynab?

3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I think they are waiting to see how the giants react to them. Come-on guys. Say something like "I notice the others coming down with giants on their heels and I get real close to the wall so as to be less likely to be squished."

Really. If Essence was going to kill you for not saying the right thing, he could just have the whole place explode and be done with it.

So speak up and do not be afraid to make a move. He may tell you "You thought you were backing up to the wall to be safe, but the following happened... And you did the following..."

We keep stalling out because some of us seem to be trying to anticipate the direction the group is going. (I am doing that a bit myself, too. And I have a bit more leeway in that sort of thing because of Limited OmniPresence.)

Tell you what. Why not post *Something* every day for your character? Even if it is nothing more than "I cannot do anything since it is not clear what would be desirable." Well, that would be something.

Like it or not, that is what I am going to do from today on. (Or until Essence tells me to stop spamming the thread.:))

Kazeto likes this.
  4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Er, I replied much before your post? I said something such as "let's go look at this door"

5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

As Daynab said, I think you meant TheJadedMieu in his place. Do not worry. They are very similar after all. :D (Please do not murder me for the joke.)

Kazeto likes this.
  6. Essence

My bad. Fax? Kazeto? TheJadedMieu?

7. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Pretty much that, only with the touch of my character's actions having the potential to ruin other characters' chance to act, so I don't always want to act first.
    Though this time it was just me being dead tired and thus not able to write anything coherent enough to put it in the game thread. But then again, I'm the one who makes walls of text to describe my actions for no real purpose (other than trying to make it easier for Essence, and giving others a way to determine his response before they take an action that might require him to do something, and foreshadowing stuff if we ever get a free point [though I doubt that would happen]).

Which is a good idea. Often times, another character does or says something that makes it easy to make a post with a mere confirmation.

Do you mean the fact that they are both planners who mask their actions, only one comes from above and one from the criminal underworld?
    Or is it the fact that I made both of these characters?

8. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

On that last part, neither. I was just saying that because one has a female avatar and the other a male. Daynab is a male. But I did once actually bother to ask him his gender back when he had that somewhat androgynous elven avatar image... :p And if I am not mistaken, TJM is female. (I honestly never checked. I just look at the avatar image and guess.)

Speaking of that, are you in fact female Kazeto? Lorrelian male? Essence male? I am male. That is the only thing I can really say with absolute certainty over the Internet.

On the second part, we could use a universally accepted "I pass" to indicate you simply do not know what to do at the moment. If all else fails, that would allow Essence to decide what you actually did at that moment. (We may as well be polite and pass when there is no clear way to go. If for nothing else, it would negate any guilt Essence may feel over making us do something for plot development to work out as needed.)

Kazeto likes this.
  9. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Wait, where did that come from?

I mean, okay, I got used to the fact that people ask me "Why is your avatar female if you are not?" (and the answer is that the avatar is technically an anthropomorphic animal from something that you might consider a game, so its gender doesn't really matter, though it is indeed a female, and I chose it just because it's pixel art of an amusing character). But being asked if I am "in fact" female is kind of... new.

Especially since, while I don't remember if I actually confirmed my gender there, I know I made a few mentions about me being in a stable relationship with someone whom I call "my girlfriend" (you were posting in at least one of those threads, Omni), so by default it should be assumed that I am a guy. Otherwise you are assuming, well, something that some people aren't comfortable talking about (and seriously, as a guy I feel kind of weird with you taking the accidental assumption that I'm a lesbian).

And TheJadedMieu does consider himself to be a male, which can easily be checked by using any internet search engine.

So yes, our characters are similar, in that you consider them to be trans-gendered ones while they are not. Still, you did make my day more amusing with that. Much more amusing.

OmniNegro likes this.
  10. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Wow. I feel stupid. Next time I will presume avatar images are chosen by the same reason I choose to play a female in third-person prospective games. (I do not want to stare at some guy's ass all day. :))

I never presumed anything about sexual preferences. I may have been in a thread where you said something referring to a girlfriend, but women do that all the time, speaking of friends I presume they never intend to sleep with. :p

Wow. Reading that again, I think that was probably the most confusing post I ever made. :) Time for a nap.

Kazeto likes this.
  11. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Don't worry about it. And I did write "accidental assumption", since that clearly wasn't what you intended to do there, and it was more me just following on the randomness than anything.

And I also feel stupid for not noticing that women can also refer to their female friends as "girl friends". Though I feel justified in that no such thing happens in Polish.

OmniNegro likes this.
  12. TheJadedMieu

TheJadedMieu Member

I'm currently having that awkward feeling that I have when peeps on the Internet assume I'm a girl (which happens more often than I'd like) :p

To set the record completely straight, I will say that I am a straight-up male (i.e. no transgender) and that my avatar is, in fact, male as well.

To clarify, I am not offended by any of your speculation

OmniNegro and Kazeto like this.
  13. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Your *AVATAR* is male?!?!? Wow. I must need new glasses. :)

I am happy to read that no-one is pissed at me for thinking them the "fairer" gender.

14. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Nah, there's no reason to be angry because of that sort of thing.

That being said, would you mind it if I took a small part of your post and added it to my signature?
    I'm talking about this bit:

OmniNegro likes this.
  15. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Lol. Please feel free to. :)

Kazeto likes this.
  16. Frelus

Frelus Member

Uhm, guys, just wanting to ask... Is there still a place in the party?
    Just because this sounds interesting, and I am facing a fair amount of free time in the next few weeks (except 1 week from 15th on I think).
    So, if there is need of a character, I would be very happy to join :D
    Sorry if I disrupted this, but I did not know where else to ask.
    Have a nice game :D

17. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Essence will have to decide. (And if he chooses to accept you, he will have to dream up how you will be involved.)

But do not worry. I can assure you that no-one will mind that you asked. We can always murder you as soon as you start anyway. :)

"I try to climb down the ladder."

"The ladder falls and you die in a fire." :p

18. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Personally I wouldn't mind, if your character was done well (and I don't think that's going to be a problem), but a OmniNegro said, it's all up to Essence, since he's the game master/storyteller.

Oh, and by the way...
    Essence! Fax! Why aren't you in the RPG thread?

19. Frelus

Frelus Member

Mh k, designing my rough character outlay then. Heck, even if I cannot play here, maybe I find some other insane DoD RPG group^^

20. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

If we cannot accommodate you in this game, we can just start another to do. I can assure you a game. :)