Adjustments and Improvements to the stockpile

Discussion in 'Design Suggestions' started by PFC_Calico, Dec 1, 2016.

1. PFC_Calico

PFC_Calico Member

Hiya!

First possible adjustments:-

1. be able to set stockpile contents as in using the filter system create a way to say "hey i want that stockpile to be for wood only or that one for stone etc etc"

2. be able to see total contents across all stockpiles as well as the selected one ie numbers showing total stock would be
    current stock in selected stockpile:current stock in all stockpiles
    this just means that by selecting one stockpile you can see total stocks

3.a. set limits on stock to be held to better manage limited space scenarios
    3.b. auto stock raw materials within a certain radius of the stockpile by auto assigning jobs for spare workers (nb an adjustment button to change the size of the gathering zone would be handy with an "on/off" button to prevent this taking up valuable free workers when there are more pressing things to do.)

4. (not really directly stockpile) any workbenches not in use to be auto assigned jobs if able to restock items like paper, lab items and ink. Saves micormanagement headaches just to keep minor things running.

5. If the above auto fill items dont float peoples' boats then have an option in settings to turn it off.

2. Jonta

Jonta Member

4. (not really directly stockpile) any workbenches not in use to be auto assigned jobs if able to restock items like paper, lab items and ink. Saves micormanagement headaches just to keep minor things running.

This can never work out, because it would keep your stock of wood and other natural resourses very low all the time, so every time you want to build something you would need wood. This is a game of resource managment, where you only build what you need when you need it.
    Dont make paper if you need Mine Shorings and dont make Mine Shorings if you need Paper. ect.

That is why you can set:
    keep a mininum of 40 planks
    keep a mininum of 6 paper
    ect.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  3. Sathra

Sathra Member

I think the idea for 4. is to be able to set a global minimum, like orders in DF.
    So being able to set in the...commodity screen I guess, that there should be a minimum of 10 of [commodity].

Its not required, but the current method of maintaining minimums isn't obvious to new players.