Adjust crafting needs for Communist items

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by x0pticLukeZz, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I think it might not be that bad of a decision, really. It needs seven for the bomb, and you get five from wandcrafting; it's easier to get bonus one point rather than two.

2. Nikolai

Nikolai Member

Wandcrafting gives you 6:wand_burn:, just like all the other crafting trees.

3. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Yeah, the last time I took it I remember it only giving five points. It does say something about my preferred builds, doesn't it...

4. Nikolai

Nikolai Member

YES IT DOES >:C

I didn't know you were one of them, Kazeto. I thought you were on our side. Guess the Guild of Wandcrafters is one less strong than I thought.

5. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Well, I got annoyed with it after that time when I finished working on something that was supposed to give it a few recipes and learned that I have to wait for my triggers to work. Since then I only had time to create two characters (one after that and one after I got CotW to test new skill trees) because I had a rather busy time, so there wasn't much to do about that.

Not to mention the fact that since it lack higher-level stuff, I seldom got it higher than to level 3~4, and I hadn't really paid much attention to how many points does it give for as long as it was enough.

So yes, I am on your side. Wandcrafting is cool, "a lot of minor things you can do" kinds of skills are always good and I don't loathe having a full inventory all the time.

6. Warlock

Warlock Member

With encrusting as it is right now it is a great support tree for any pure mage. Encrust all your good equipment (or even any equipment) with magic power wand crusts, profit!

experiment: I'm going to see how badly I can break a Mask of the Golden God by crusting it up with wand stuffs.

7. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Which is the problem, because my builds tend to be not-so-wizardly most of the time. It is the reason why I don't have much use out of Wandcrafting's encrust and instead get ones from Tinkering.
    But all in all, the ability to craft stuff that emulates skills (and can be used without worrying about cooldowns) is always useful if you have any means of getting ingredients.

That being said, let us get back onto the topic before Daynab harms us, shall we?

8. Also the Black Pearl Ring of Sleeping Secrets.

But yeah, I don't really think the three transmutative resistance and a one-shot item (and maybe a few more of it. If you're lucky and take wandcrafting.) is worth a capstone ability.

Ruigi's proposal would probably be a good fix, and fit the pattern with the Ushanka/Power Armor stuff

Kazeto likes this.
  9. Nikolai

Nikolai Member

Oh, you take me too seriously, Kazeto. How could I ever hate you? :3 I definitely know the feeling of "I can't make this because the proper triggers don't exist," by the way.

But yes. It's a capstone. Not only is it expected to be a powerful skill you almost always strive for, it's so easy to skip, and thus begs the question of why it's there.

Of course, if you take NTTG, you'll probably end up skipping it anyways. Which is my way of asking, "If we fix the recipe to be easier to access, is that enough?"

10. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Oh, how could anyone hate me ever. Look at those puppy eyes of mine...

But seriously (yeah, I'm too serious in general, you can blame my parents for that), I wouldn't think that anyone here would hate me (well, there was one random encounter with an irate idiot, but the guy made it pretty clear that he did hate me by writing that he was wishing for my death, so I am justified in thinking that he had problems). It's more like, I'm complaining just a little because I have this beautiful hell of a code that's been waiting for the trigger to work since June.

Well, I doubt anyone would want to take that skill on NTTG unless they either ran out of other skills to take (NTTG + wizardlands can do that) or if they really needed that resistance.

11. Nikolai

Nikolai Member

I feel this is something that ought to be addressed. We seem to keep running into this "Non-NTTG skill" issue and frankly, I'd like to stop seeing it happen. Why should we hinge our decision to use a skill based on whether or not we're playing on NTTG? It's meant to be a quicker experience, and nothing more. But I suppose this is an issue that merits its own discussion (and one I'll likely bring up in Suggestions.)

And yes. Your puppy dog eyes are great. I could stare into them all day....

Kazeto likes this.