Achievement for Dredmor on GR/PD/NTTG

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Haldurson, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

This is actually something that I suggested a while back, but not in the suggestions forum. I've noticed that while defeating Dredmor, should you survive to level 15, is not necessarily that difficult, beating him while playing with No Time to Grind can be much more difficult -- your gear tends to not be as good, plus you are likely to have many fewer potions, bolts, thrown weapons and so forth. The tactic of raiding every deep-level bolt and/or thrown weapon vending machine is a lot less fruitful. Plus you are likely to have a lot less in cash than normal to spend on bolts as well.

I did manage to do it myself... once. And during that fight, I had to resort to melee with my mage due to the low quality of my ranged weaponry (it wasn't pretty, but it worked). I think most people realize that while NTTG can give you a slight boost early in the game due to faster leveling, the longer the game is, the more you will likely lag behind an equivalent character playing without NTTG as far as gear and consumables are concerned.

/edit BTW, what reminded me of this was that someone in our Steam Dredmor Challenge group just managed to do it. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dodcr/discussions/0/846965705261742554/?tscn=1380749559

Kazeto and Gorbax like this.
  2. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
    Haldurson likes this.
  3. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Hmm... that's odd. Lol, nm.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  4. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

crap, you'd think I'd know better than to hot-link images on internet forums