About the diggles:

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Kaidelong, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Are they some bizzare version of a shoggoth, created by some elder race?

Are they themselves an evil, interdimensional lovecraftian horror? This might explain why they can be in two casually disconnected universes!

Are they just mundane bird things intelligent enough to be exploited by greedy industrialists?

2. I suspect as Gaslamp Games mascot creature they have acquired the ability to sidestep through parallel dimensions.

Or maybe Diggle Hell is connect to all universes at once (hence why its so easy to end up there from the wizardland portal)

Essence and Psiweapon like this.
  3. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

I'm pretty sure that diggles will either be domesticated like the chicken or hunted like the dodo.

4. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

That would probably require non-sentient diggles to not be horribly cruel. Considering the dwarf fortress inspiration, they're probably articulate and cultured, and you get to butcher them for meat.

5. Wolg

Wolg Member

And they no doubt still hate you so much.

6. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

Exactly my take on it.

7. Kamisma

Kamisma Member

In this game we'll be able to dig.

I can already envision what will happen when one dig too deep.

8. Giygas

Giygas Member

I can already imagine what kinds of HDS (Hidden Diggle Stuff) we will find.

9. HenrySpock

HenrySpock Member

Maybe we get to the natural habitat? I'm envisioning a huge honeycombed structure that in some places comes close enough to the surface that it can be reached with a basic Clockwork Earthdisplacer, and once inside, a tunnel network may be devised for subterranean steam engines.

(Although, it wouldn't necessarily be displacing 'Earth', and anything underground wouldn't be sub'terra'nean, but hopefully the point is made.)

10. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

there should be a mini game in the game where you breed and raise diggles.

Turbo164 likes this.
  11. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

Yeah and then you can inbreed them until one of them comes out Golden!

12. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Somehow I dunno if Gaslamp Games is willing to brave the ratings agenciesand canadian authorities when it comes to a proper diggle breeding game. Also wouldn't we already have been the natural habitat of diggles in Dungeons of Dredmor? Essentially, a gigantic deathtrap of a dungeon.

13. HenrySpock

HenrySpock Member

I had the impression they built the dungeon under duress - which doesn't mean it isn't their natural habitat, but perhaps there are differences when they aren't forced to build rooms a certain way.

14. Of course they are too small to ride, so mostly the Golden Diggle is just impossible to cage since it can walk over any terrain!

And then it runs off and finds muscle diggles and they storm you city.

15. HenrySpock

HenrySpock Member

Digglocalypse!