a whole bunch of bugs (20, actually)

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Manax, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Manax

Manax Member

So, I'm sure there will be some duplicates, but this is a thorough list of bugs I've found so far. A couple are debatable, a couple are "nice to have"/features. And it's possible some of the bugs listed in the beginning were fixed, though I don't think so... Even with all that, it's still fun, and I'm still playing... so thanks for the game, and keep up the good work! :)

o "locked" chests should give some indication they are locked, so we can decide if we want to spend a lockpick on it, or wait...
    o Walking from L to R across floor debris, the debris layers over the player sprite.
    o with vertically oriented door, when the bottom is on a wall corner, door is open, and the player is standing in line with the wall, the top of the player is layered under the door.
    o The tutorial directions during the xbow section is wrong in a couple of ways, text needs to be reviewed.
    o You can stack "unstackable" items using a device (like the forge) and then store the stack in your inventory. (Although I don't really want you to fix it... ;) )
    o If you have two of a given device, they share the same "inside". i.e. putting an item in one, makes it appear in the other.
    o Burning creature corpses don't burn you (though it seems like they should).
    o (?) When starting a new game only popup tutorial suggestion, if I haven't played the tutorial before.
    o When killing multiple creatures on same square, and with multiple zorkmid drops, Zs should automatically stack. (Rather than picking up 10 piles of 5Z, each...)
    o Character info screen isn't moveable
    o Traps can be disarmed diagonally, but don't display mouse-over. (Older bug... haven't verified in latest build).
    o Game save/restore should preserve: inventory window position, minimap size, selected range weapon
    o When discovering a new formula, it disappears at weird times. (It isn't obvious why... it's not timed, it isn't clearly mousing over or out of window...)
    o No footstep sfx when using keyboard movement.
    o Clicking on a statue or table to walk into it (i.e. when next to it), every other time makes step noise.
    o With inventory near bottom of screen, and large mouse over text, the text is layered behind the "X" inv close button.
    o (Feature) It'd be nice to be able to put any right-click item in the quick-select slots, rather than just automatically filling it with spells/abilities.
    o generally, doing things on diagonal doesn't make noise, or show animation (such as breaking a box or statue).
    o Horadric Lutefisk cube should always convert items 1 for 1, minimum. If I give it a stack of 12x softballs, it should give me 12x Lutefisk back. (Since I can feed it 1 at a time, and get 12! But that sucks, that's a lot of wasted time...)
    o (Feature) putting the price in the description when quickselling would be nice. (I tend to sell things that are more than ~50Z, and convert the rest, so this is just a convenience for me.
    o Arrows animate as ^, when targeting a creature (say) 5 right, 1 up (anything between the diagonals should animate as the cardinal direction, but doesn't).
    o Dropping two identical "unstackable" items on ground on top of each other, don't stack, and you lose one of them.

Hope you find this useful...

2. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

We have most of these already, and in fact some of them are fixed internally; I'll re-merge the rest of the list.

Burning monster corpses: we had this, at some point. It just turned out to not be a good thing.

3. 7Soul

7Soul Member

Another bug: i've set my Quest Window button to R, but I can still use Q to close it
    -Water and Lava have buggy graphics when near the border of the screen
    -When an enemy is on a door tile, attacking it using the arrows cause you to skip your turn

4. Manax

Manax Member

@Nicholas Well, good, at least there are _some_ new ones. :)

It seems more consistent to either have it burn you/everyone, or not show the animation... to make it consistent with like the poisoned (or acid...) that sits around after the main dispersal, and still can hurt you. It was surprising to me that I could step into the fire without it burning me, and then the acid (or whatever it was) surprised me again when it DID hurt me...

5. 7Soul

7Soul Member

Btw, Command Diggle is invisible right? But I noticed sometimes I cant see his red outline when attacking

6. Manax

Manax Member

Also, read some other threads after this, and it seems like using the HLCube like I suggested above is considered "cheating". That seems like just a matter of opinion, it isn't obvious to me. But that could be avoided entirely if the cube contained a "fractional" lutefisk internally, so when you put something of less than one whole lutefisk worth, you don't actually lose the item, it would keep the fraction for later.

7. 7Soul

7Soul Member

I also do that, I usualy buy all Softballs from a dispenser and put one by one on the Cube, getting between 40 to 100 lutefisk, but I didn't know this was considered cheating