A way to check a save's date ?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by blob, Oct 17, 2011.

1. blob

blob Member

Hi everybody !

After searching unsuccessfully the net for a solution I thought I'd ask for direct help here...
    So I was down to floor 9 in rogue difficulty, mowing down the local zoo when my clever windows 7 decided it was time to force reboot for that update it did on its own... Going back to the game after that I realize my last save was still on floor 7... And the autosave on floor 5 !

Since I went back to floor 1 at some point for a leftover krong altar, the autosave on floor 5 might be more recent, however I'm afraid that if its not it will erase my main save when I quit or something ?
    So my question is: Is there a way to know which save is the most recent ? I do not see any informations in the loading screen about the character's level or the time played...

Thanks...

Stoopid windows, Arg !

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

You know, that's strange because autosave is supposed to make one save everytime you go downstairs. Maybe something is messed up there. Because of that I can't really answer your question, sorry.

3. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Navigate to My Documents\Gaslamp Games\Dungeons of Dredmor\ and backup all the .sav files. Open the game and figure out which save file is the right one and then replace all the new .sav files with the ones you backed up.

4. Vykk Draygo

Vykk Draygo Member

The autosave picture is often wrong, FWIW. I've had it show a picture from level 2 or 3, and it was actually much later in the dungeon. In any case, just save scum, as J-Factor says.

5. blob

blob Member

Thanks for the quick replies.
    Yeah, I figured the picture might be wrong for the autosave. Awesome I ll test that tonight ! :) This character 's gotta kill Lord D...

6. blob

blob Member

And then I failed. Those arch diggles always trick me into thinking they're easy with their cutesy pink color... >:K