A strange question

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by AvzinElkein, Jul 11, 2012.

1. AvzinElkein

AvzinElkein Member

I noticed that when I take enough levels in Smithing, I get bonus crushing damage. I thought the three 'mundane' types (crushing, slashing, blasting) stacked into a single whole with the type being based off the majority, but I was wrong... Also, bonus melee damage seems to improve all three.

2. Frelus

Frelus Member

And.... Where is the question?

3. AvzinElkein

AvzinElkein Member

Whoops, the question was "is this the intended method"?

4. Yeah, that's intended. Bonus melee damage is split up evenly between all your mundane types, though. Also apparently the damage removed by Armor Absorption is also supposed to be split evenly, but looking at the numbers, Armor Absorption removes from all three damage types equal to the full AA level. Which I'm pretty sure is not intended.

5. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

IIRC, :armor_asorb: acts as a point of each :resist_crushing:, :resist_blast:, and :resist_slashing:, and says such in the mouseover. Which would make it remove equal to the full ranking from each type.

6. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

It doesn't actually remove one from each it removes one of one of them. Resists will remove one of each of those before melee power is taken. :armor_asorb: removes one of the highest after melee power is taken.

7. shaken

shaken Member

So I want to see if I'm understanding this interaction correctly.

From the wiki:
    Melee Power - "The Melee Power stat contributes bonus [​IMG]Slashing Damage, [​IMG]Crushing Damage, or [​IMG]Blasting Damage to your attacks, based on which type you would have otherwise dealt the most of."

So Melee Power is what determines the final "+X" damage on your melee attacks, and the type of that damage is determine by the highest among Slashing, Crushing, or Blasting that you have otherwise. Is this correct?

And from what I understand, Armor Absorption reduces Slashing, Crushing, and / or Blasting damage, but how exactly does that interaction work?

Lets say I have 6 AA (and assume no resist to mundane damage), and I get attacked by a monster for 2 Slashing, 3 Crushing, and +2 bonus melee damage (which would get converted into Crushing if the Melee Power description from the wiki is correct) for a total of 7 damage (2 Slashing, 5 Crushing). How does the AA determine which damage type to remove? Does it just remove from the highest first? Then the next highest?