A (somewhat) Radical Propsal for Wandcrafting

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Essence, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Urthdigger

Urthdigger Member

Arguably that could be a "feature" of those areas.

venserpw and OmniaNigrum like this.
  2. Shreeper

Shreeper Member

But it's still awesome news for modders.

EDIT: Also, what's a dibble?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Lol. A Dibble is a rare type of Daggle.

Shreeper and Vitellozzo like this.
  4. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

As I've said many times before:

I hate autocorrect. :D

Vitellozzo and OmniaNigrum like this.
  5. Shreeper

Shreeper Member

Not to be confused with the elusive Nuddle?

By the way Essence, are you going to release a mod-fix bassed on what we've discussed here or are we just hoping the devs will look at our ramblings and agree with us?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I actually happen to choose Wand Lore quite often when playing versatility-centred rogues with no other crafting skills, because with the pocket dimension easily accessible I don't have to worry about stashing resources for healing and uncursing wands, and the extra wands of whatever damage dealing methods come in handy occasionally (even if their damage isn't the greatest normally - with a straight 30% power boost, I would be really tempted to choose that skill tree more often).

It is just a matter of playing style - those who prefer to have a bag full of tricks already like Wand Lore and just want to see it actually become comparable with the rest, while those who have a few favourite spells they like to use instead won't find it attractive because the skill tree itself is not monothematical enough (giving a little bit of everything via various wands, but not enough of "just one particular thing" because you don't have infinite charges).

And a similar reply can be made in regards to Wand Lore being inferior to Alchemy - they both do different things, even if they do get close to each other occasionally, and thus it's not true that "if you choose the first then might as well choose the latter instead because it's better".

I hate it too, sometimes. Especially when it's late at night and the stupid thing happens to turn itself on on browser restart for whatever reason, without me noticing its stupid mishap before I post something and thus having to edit it.

He will release it, most likely after he gets back from his holiday break.

7. Essence

Aye; I'll work it into the ESCRII. At least the scaling fix. IDK about the engorged wand idea -- I like it, but it's not part of skill/spell DB and I have a kind of philosophical goal of keeping the ESCR limited to those files. I'll probably do the engorged wand thing separately.

Or maybe I'll throw it all in together. IDK.

8. Nacho

Nacho Member

Did this ever get implemented?

9. Essence

The scaling changes did. That's all thus far.

Vitellozzo, Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  10. Hobo Mage

Hobo Mage Member

what about stubborness ? i'm not what the stat looks like for non wizards but it is a stat a non wizard is incline to buff

OmniaNigrum likes this.