A Small(ish) Let's Play

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Splattercat, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Splattercat

Splattercat Member

I don't really know the etiquette on these things, but I'd like to invite you all to join me in a Let's Play of Dungeons of Dredmor. I love the game, although I'm quite terrible at it (In all respects). Feel free to critique my build / play choices and let me know all the foolish mistakes you spot.

Cheers! :D

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

You have dual wielding, but did not equip a second weapon.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Splattercat

Splattercat Member

Yea this was pointed out on the steam forums as well. I was operating from the perspective that it functioned a bit like D&D where just because you have dual wielding doesn't mean you should. Figured you needed the weapon proficiency + Dual wielding to be more specific. In retrospect, lesson learned. Thanks for watching mate :D

Vitellozzo and OmniaNigrum like this.
  4. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

Also, you don't need the weapon skill to wear the weapon.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Wootah

Wootah Member

Commentary!

-Amazing ring early game, +2:melee_power: is a huge plus for a melee build.
    -You got viking magic but didn't activate it the starting skill. The Mana regen -:mana_regen: - you get from the first point of leylines would let you keep it up for quite a long time (especially on dwarven moderation). When coupled with an occasional booze you should have no problem keeping it up and it is ridiculously powerful for the first 3 floors.
    - Those crystals you stepped on healed you. That blue glowing box you stood on early also heals and restores mana ( but you were full)
    - The negative stats from that early game breastplate you found shouldn't deter you from wearing it. 3:armor_asorb: early game, make you super tanky to the first two floors.
    - and as mentioned above, go ahead and dual wield any second weapon for more damage... even if it isnt an axe, might as well have a second weapon instead of an empty hand.

6. Splattercat

Splattercat Member

Thanks so much for taking the time to watch and give advice Wootah. I really do appreciate the input, its amazing the amount of things you can learn even with 20+ hours played. With luck this character may beat my record of depth into the dungeon. (5th level)

7. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

Also some general tips:

- Fountains are always good for tanks. The magic debuffs are not a big deal, and you can walk off the acid.
    - Tomes are the better secondary weapons. They don't have debuffs, and most have a good spell on attack.
    - Don't care about magic debuffs on ANYTHING as a warrior/rogue. You don't need magic to begin with.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Splattercat

Splattercat Member

I'll keep those in mind Alistaire, when you say the tome is a better offhand does that count for a dual wielding character as well? Finding a book with better stats than my offhand, for example, would justify an equip?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

Dual wielding buffs don't require two weapons to begin with, so you can equip e.g a Darkly Mirror Shield with heaps of magic reflect, and still have the counterattack buffs.

Also, most books have 1 damage and 1 resist buff. Except for artifact ones; those are possibly best to equip instead of a nice artifact weapon.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Splattercat

Splattercat Member

Ah I see, I wasn't quite following you but then I reread the tooltips along with what you've said and it makes sense. Thanks for the thorough run through.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Shan3th3pain

Shan3th3pain Member

You should totally try my build that i used, reference my LP EP 11

It's totally OP XD