A simple question

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by AvzinElkein, Dec 16, 2011.

1. AvzinElkein

AvzinElkein Member

Would it be considered a cowardly thing if I chose to hit 'Just Quit' if I know my character's gonna die no matter what I do? (E.g. Cornered by monsters, low HP, and no teleportation abilities)

2. Blue

Blue Member

It's a single player game, mate, you do what you have to do to have fun, whoever judges you that's not yourself should, quite honestly, be ignored if their opinion conflicts with your enjoyment.

I personally never quit 'till I'm dead, but that's because I find pure joy in strategizing that seemingly unavoidable moment of demise, let the game freeze in its turn-based glory while I ponder every element I see onscreen, every enemy, every HP bar and triple check every item or crafting possibility and THEN find a solution, that's when I find my biggest reward (if I still die, then that's usually good learning experience either way).

So there's that, as a suggestion for you to try and motivate yourself if you're feeling somewhat guilty of quitting, but I'd say go with whatever floats your boat, it's your hobby, your fun and you should damn well be allowed to do anything you want with it.

Velorien and Essence like this.
  3. theanonymy

theanonymy Member

Um....pardon my abject ignorance, but where the hell is the 'just quit' option?!? I was going to beg for that very thing in a future patch, actually, as I have 'save/quit', 'save/continue' and 'return to game' only.....nothing worse than realizing you've completely effed yourself, then having to go search for traps/monsters to kill yourself, so you don't have to save that mistake before quitting to menu (also, I hate having to re-set auto loot, etc., every time I quit the game, and re-start....grr). I've learned the excrutiating way that the corruption fluid traps (or some such) permanently make very expensive gear near-worthless, and that kleptoblobbies don't steal coin, they steal squid bolts (et al) and horadic lutefisk cubes holding over 400 lutefisk!! Gah! The nerve!

*tears hair out*

*ahem*

So.....am I missing something...? Love the game, otherwise, though....*cough*more storage*cough*..... ;)

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Just Quit is when you play with permadeath. But it erases your save, of course. Kleptoblobbies only steal from your belt, so keep those awesome items in your inventory for the floors with them.

5. theanonymy

theanonymy Member

Eeeeeeeeek! Well, then....shut my mouth. Thanks for the info; I feel a bit stoopid. :oops: