A Simple FAQ

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Loerwyn, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Howsabout a simple FAQ that answers certain questions, such as pricing and release date, so we (hopefully) stem an influx of HOW MUCH AND WHEN topics.

Kazeto likes this.
  2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Good idea, I'll run it with Gaslamp and make one soon.

Marak, Kazeto, Turbo164 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

You could also update it every so often with interviews, blog posts and so on. A repository of CE information, basically.

4. Kamisma

Kamisma Member

The All-in-one Compendium of the Nuts and Bolts in Clockwork Empires !

5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

The release date is not currently known. Gaslamp operates on Valve-Time. (Use your favorite search engine.)

And Gaslamp *Hates* set-in-stone release dates since they may still have a game breaking bug they have not fixed by that date. Thus Valve-Time.
    valve_time_clock_by_vectorjeff-d2xex1g.png

Essence likes this.
  6. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Which is actually a much better approach if they are really doing something. Operating on Valve-Time because you are too lazy to actually start coding the thing you were supposed to code is one thing, but releasing the patch a few days later because you are trying to eliminate bugs is a whole different matter.

mining and OmniaNigrum like this.
  7. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Gaslamp don't operate on Valve Time. Valve Time is a conscious bending of the rules that is repeated ad nauseam.

What GLG do is communicate with the fans and point out when things are delayed, though maybe not quite as thoroughly as some may hope for. When GLG say they're hitting on Monday, they mean they're doing their best to. When Valve say they're hitting on Monday, they're lying through the visage of Gaben.

Essence, Kazeto and OmniNegro like this.
  8. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

"Some" should be careful what they wish for. Too much knowledge will piss you off on any subject. Especially how games are made.

But I get what you are saying. And I agree. I just use the example of Valve-Time since many people already know of it, and it requires a lot less attention to the actual details of the development process. :D

Kazeto likes this.
  9. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member