A Question Regarding Runecaster

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Celissa, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Celissa

Celissa Member

Hi! I am terribly sorry if this is in the wrong place, but the modding forum looked more like questions about creating mods. If it *is* wrong and someone could please fix my newbie mistake, I would be forever grateful.

Anyway, a friend recently introduced me to Dredmor. I've not quite forgiven him yet for getting me so addicted to this wacky fun game, but that's beside the point. I just wanted to ask if magic power does anything for rune casting, or if I should stack survival stats on my armor more than worrying about magic power. The rest of my build is focused more around supporting runecaster's voracious mana hunger and on covering traps, so I'm not entirely sure if things like blood magic or ley lines need much magic power either. Why yes, I *am* fairly new to this! How ever did you guess? :)

Sorry for the stupid questions, and thanks in advance for any assistance the forum regulars might be able to provide. :)

2. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

all the runecaster effects scale with magic power.

I'm glad that people like Runecaster still. It's been forever since I did anything with it.

I think I might update it after Wizardlands is released and I finish my current project.

3. Celissa

Celissa Member

Thanks so much! I thought that it *should* scale with magic power, but I wasn't certain. Runecasting has gotten me the furthest into the dungeon that I've been yet. Who needs inventory space when there's that much amusement value available? ;)

4. Frelus

Frelus Member

For the other skills:
    Leylines has nothing to do with maic power. But care. The teleport drains (not costs, it has an effect on cast) that drains 75 mana.
    Blood magic scales with magic power, the formula (says in the gamefiles) 1+0.05:magic_power:
    Hm. Strange. I seem to get 3 mana from it on any level of spellpower...