A question on those that lurk beyond the stars

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by convolutedthinker, Nov 25, 2013.

1. I fully expect to lose to any horror which manifests itself within my colonies. But I'm wondering if some are more dangerous than others and if it is possible to kill/banish some of them so that the colony can survive for just a little longer and I can go brag to my friends about how my colony fought off Quag'garoth. Are there methods to fight these beings, or is their appearance meant to always give the colony a chaotic end?

EleSigma likes this.
  2. EleSigma

EleSigma Member

My uneducated guess would be that you can slow down or prevent Quag'garoth from returning by destroying or discarding the potential source of insanity causing evil or seeking out and killing cultists or other insane nutters before they can do their thing. But after Quag'garoth is summoned then it will probably take nothing short of Her Majesty's Anti-Paranormal Investigation Squad and your colonial army to stop it; and with heavy losses to boot. :D

convolutedthinker likes this.
  3. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

1. Have your carpenters construct a brie-proof cage
    2. Insert Quag'garoth A into cage B
    3. Open a Monster Zoo (ghehe)
    4. Profit!

4. But what eldritch abominations would you have to bargain with to aquire something proof to that most fell of substances, the Dreaded Brie? Surely you cannot expect such faustian bargains to sustain you indefinetly....

5. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

chuck another few peasants in the Sacrificial Well Dedicated To Z'nnnnnnh

6. Yeah, exactly! It would not surprise me if the soloution to invisible Geometer and other Fun Enteties invading would be to A) bite the bullet, tough it out and try to deal with the resulting damage to colony and sanity, or B) fight fire with fire and try to tapdance on the hot coals of Demonology and other Forbidden Sciences.