Windows Vista/7 64-bit A host of teleport related bugs and exploits.

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Glazed, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Glazed

Glazed Member

1. You can teleport onto closed doors. This gives you a huge advantage because you can scout a room and then walk away if you don't like what you see. You can also fight from within the door and walk away when things get rough.

snap004803.png
    "Oh, hi there!"

2. You can teleport onto lamps, crates, and barrels, etc. No huge advantage here, but it might help with escaping.

snap004808.png

snap004807.png

3. You can teleport through walls with a running start. Point your mouse cursor one square away from the wall and move towards the wall using WASD. The instant you start walking right-click on the square next to the wall to cast teleport. You will immediately teleport and then complete your movement and end up inside the wall. If the wall is only 1 square wide you can now walk forward through it, or back the way you came.

snap004806.png

If you do this to a thick wall you can't go any further but you can walk back out the way you came.

snap004809.png

4. Teleporting onto a trap doesn't trigger it. This isn't a big deal. If you can teleport onto a trap you can probably just teleport right over it to begin with. However, if you didn't realize it was there in the first place then it's an advantage. This may be by design.

I've tested all of these exploits with Knightly Leap, Invisible Geometries, and Xeuclid's Translation. They each work the same.

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I'm not exactly sure but this might be fixed in the patch (it would go under the turns exploit thing). I'll definitely check out for this when the beta's out.

3. Good info. This explains a TP/Glitch issue I thought I was having. Now I know.

4. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

The walls are fixed in the patch but not the objects. Teleporting onto objects is though quite trivial to fix. Xeuclid's Translation should be changed to targetemptyfloor instead of targetfloor.

5. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Problem is targetemptyfloor doesn't fail when you target a non-empty tile; it just randomly redirects -- turning translation into discontinuity.

6. kino5

kino5 Member

Well, I consider that something good. It encourages you to look for an empty floor to teleport, or face the consequences. IMHO, it's a better alternative to teleport to a door, or any object in the dungeon, anyway.

7. Glazed

Glazed Member

But it would actually make Knightly Leap better. You could be completely surrounded by monsters, two layers deep, and you target one with the Leap and you end up on a random spot, five squares away. That'd be really good.

8. Null

I've never seen targetemptyfloor do that ever.

9. kino5

kino5 Member

You got me there, good sir

10. Null

Just checked again and that doesn't happen at least with a casted targetemptyfloor. It just doesn't cast.

11. Essence

Try Summon Wyrmling. You know, the only targetemptyfloor spell in the spellDB? :)

12. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Still doesn't let you cast on non-empty floors. Only the other 'targetfloor' summoning spells do the 'randomly target another tile' thing. Even then they're not really targeting another tile - the monster is just appearing in the nearest uninhabited spot.

13. Essence

Really? I literally have a completely different experience. if I target Summon Wyrmling on a monster/chest/BBQ/etc, the spell goes off somewhere nearby at random.

14. kino5

kino5 Member

I've tried with Sumon Wyrmling on a lever, an iron grate, a table, a monolith, a wooden crate and an evil chest: the spell does not cast in either of them.

Could it be an OS thing? I'm using W7-64

15. Essence

MY BAD.

Ah, I figured it out. I forgot that I had put Summon Wyrmling inside of a type="target" spell because I was testing something for Archmage. Apparently triggering a targetemptyfloor spell through a target spell completely changes the way it works.

16. kino5

kino5 Member

So Null's solution is valid in that case.

17. Essence

18. Null

Well it doesn't quite work for knightly leap as much though. One could just trigger a knightlyleap type spell from a targetemptyfloor.