A flag or value to prevent item from spawning in the dungeon

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DungeonDragon, Sep 25, 2012.

1. DungeonDragon

DungeonDragon Member

For instance I need an item(a reagent) that only is needed in a couple of recipes and I can craft it from several other items, I don't want to pollute a dungeon with this particular reagent because I'm happy that I can get it from other items. Also it can make several items rare craftables that only can be assembled but not found.

Alternatively it would be good to have a flag making item spawn on only one particular dungeon level

2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Add 'special="1" craftoutput="1"' to these items' definitions.

3. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

That's not 100% effective, though; it'll still show up in Crafty Crafts and in some odd cases on the floor (I think, though this is pure supposition, that the items that show up inside the little two-square side closets that open with a lever don't follow the same rules as everything else for whatever reason.)

4. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

Actually, for reagents, they won't turn up, even in craft vendors.

Odd, but there we have it. I've never had a dragon skull or perfect obsidian turn up anywhere but where I've specially defined them.

Although if you are making gems, remember to give them alchemical="0".

Essence likes this.
  5. DungeonDragon

DungeonDragon Member

@all

Thanks for the info guys :)

6. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

I sit corrected. Thanks for that; I was positive that someone complained long ago about Crafty Crafts and their reagents showing up. Pretty sure it was zaratustra and his Ikeamancy, but that was long, long ago...

7. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

As far as i know, only potions and wands don't follow the no spawn if flagged as special="1" rule.