A dredmorfree run

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Vitellozzo, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I need to know: is anyone else interested in seeing something else, aside from Big D., in the last dungeon floor?
    I put this clearer.
    We all know how Lord Dredmor is the baddest and strongest of the Dungeons of Dredmor, since he basically built it. This is the lore we all know and love and respect, and Dredmor seems a pretty decent challenge to anyone in the game.
    But let's analyze it from a (more) generic fantasy point of view. Liches are indeed powerful creatures. They can study magic for eons, since they live pretty forever. They are fisically tough, since their undead bodies doesn't feel fatigue nor wounds. They cannot mind controlled, and even the best clerics cannot turn them effectively for their power. But, as far we know, they are not immortal. Characters of every kind have killed him, just to find that its philactery bought it back to life for the next generation of heroes.
    So, what I want to say, is that maybe, between those generations, something else has popped up. Something terrifing too, which could cause troubles... also to Big D.
    Maybe Vlad Digula has found a way out of Diggle Hell; maybe one of the forgotten Diggle Gods has wakened up; maybe the very Lutefisk God, or one of his best champions, has descended upon the middle of earth; maybe some kind of Prime Beasts (a gigantiv worm? an half minotaur half diggle? a balrog? a daggle?) have dug their way in the deepness, until they popped up in the middle of the 15th (or 10th, for those fools that haven't discovered the realm of the diggle gods yet). It could be anything, really, because in the world dangers are always the welcome, it seems.
    Basically, what I'm trying to say, it's that, on some runs, there could be other kind of final bosses, instead of Lord Dredmor.
    Someone could argue that those are the Dungeons of Dredmor, but think about Moria, from the Lord of the Rings. Dwarves have dug greedly, and many monsters have popped up suddenly. It is still the dungeon of the lich we love, since the title is given from the people of the outside. And from the outside, heroes (and townspeople) couldn't ever know that this Big Bad One was slayed from another Big Badass. Still, Lord Dredmor has crafted so many phylacteries that he will, eventually, come back angry with the whole world.
    This could add variety and randomness also for the final boss: you cannot know what's in the darkness, even for the final foe. And there could be a checkbox to toggle this feature on/off, like permadeth and the realm of the diggle gods floors. More twist in the game.

2. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

But Dreadmoar is to stronk AxpZu.jpg

(Not a bad idea actually ^_^)

3. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

DAGGLES HAVE COME!

4. Warlock

Warlock Member

Daggle Hell, filled with nothing but overpowered Daggles and Thursties and prooyl colend haroes. Did I mention that all of them have the same defensive stats as Vlad Digula?

Tokubara and Vitellozzo like this.
  5. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Or the Diggle Devil.

Vitellozzo likes this.
  6. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Or the Daggle Devil.

7. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Can we fight the developers? Deadly Nicholasbot 5000, etc etc

8. Warlock

Warlock Member

Why would anyone want to fight the developers? Gaslamp isn't Bli$$ard, nor are they Activision. :confused:

9. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

They made corruption.

10. Warlock

Warlock Member

nothing new, see also Nethack and Rogue

SkyMuffin likes this.
  11. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

just for fun. it would be a neat way for us to learn more about them :p

12. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Yeah, like: is David weak against Fire Damage?

13. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

Conflagatory? Doubtful.

Lutefisk? More likely.

14. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

oh god what if there was a living lutefisk blob monster

Vitellozzo likes this.
  15. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Monochrome terror.

16. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

It's a pity no one actually talked about the suggestion; I'll take that as a "we don't like the idea but we are kind enough to not say that", and that's no problem into that.
    I'll wait for the totalconversion="1" working then, and I'll try making this myself.

17. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Vitellozzo likes this.
  18. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

There are lots of finctional references in the game, like this of the Gray Worm, that could be put as the Final Boss.

19. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

No.

Kazeto likes this.
  20. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

I'm not sure I like the idea of Dredmor potentially not appearing, but it would be cool if there were a lot of extremely powerful minibosses down in the last level with him.

Kazeto likes this.